Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

UGH !!!! DANDRUFF HELP !!!

Dreadheadbutterfly!
@dreadheadbutterfly
13 years ago
35 posts
I wash my hair almost 2 times a week because of my never ending dandruff. I use T-gel by neutrogena but it still persists and idk what to do about it . i have tried head shoulders and i have even tried the offbrand lol with no luck .I dont know if i should see a doctor or what but .......i really like wearing my black college hoodie but i dont wear it as often because every time i scratch my head piles of dandruff are left all over me.......... OH yeah i also make sure my head is not dry as best as i can but the next day i will have dandruff like never moisturized my scalp in the first place. I use olive oil moisturizer and africas best oil to do so . PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT !!!!!
updated by @dreadheadbutterfly: 02/14/15 03:31:18AM
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
I've heard that washing more often can help.It is just important to make sure the dreads dry thoroughly. I hope this is of some help to you.
GeorgiaFreeSpirit
@georgiafreespirit
13 years ago
28 posts
i was having bad dandruff too. so i know how you feel..its so annoying and seems like it wont go away. what i do is use the baking soda rinse with rosemary which seems to help with the dandruff the follow with an acv rinse.. in between those two i use reallly cold water. the cold water seems to really really help with the dandruff. hope this helps ya girl.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ok stop all soaps switch to the baking soida recipie with teatree rosemary and pepermint oils follow with the acv and finnish with a cold rinse do that 2 times a week and u should be good keep in mind tho..the bakimg soda exfoliates and removes dandruff the oils rtreat it but wont cure it right away but within a few weeks u should have noine except maybe the day b4 u wash if u do then wash 3 times a week add a lil ohf jojoba or africas best to the mix for moisture (jojoba is best by far africas best is lil too thick)(but i use it when very very dry) within a couple weeks your scalp will adjust and u will be good the acv is important to restore the ph ballance

search the site for the baking soda theres a ton of posts about it

tip it turns dry dead skin into a paste a higheer pressure rinse like a handheld massage shower head held close is extra effective at removing the exfoluiated dry skin

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dreadheadbutterfly!
@dreadheadbutterfly
13 years ago
35 posts
thank u everyone keeps giving me advice please on this subject !!
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
you know I almost forgot, I was using DHHQ shampoo for a while and did get a bit of dandruff, then I bought the rosemary suggested by SE and I haven't had a problem since, I also use the b/s wash with a little tea tree oil and some lavendar and as long as I don't use too much b/s I'm good. :)I try to use the cooler setting on my blow dryer too when I have to use it to dry my hair quickly.
Dreadheadbutterfly!
@dreadheadbutterfly
13 years ago
35 posts
i jus ordered some jojoba oil !!!! is rosemary the same thing
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

rosemary and teatree are esential oils jojoba isnt esential oils are medicinals

google rosemary essential oil and u will find alot odf shops teatree and pepermint are good too

jojobas the closest thing to natural skin and hair oils so is amazing

--
errol
@errol
13 years ago
37 posts
noob questain i have dandruff as well and my hair is still growing for the dreading whats acv?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
apple cider vinager

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form