Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

6 months thickness

Mal
@mal
13 years ago
15 posts

I've had my dreadlocks for exactly 6 months now, i initially had them crocheted before i was aware of the negative effects of this process, i had them maintained once or twice.. but for the last 3 months i havn't touched them.

I'm just concerned about the thickness of them, my thickest ones are averaging about 1cm in width, my thinnest are slightly thinner then a pencil, alot of the thinner ones have started to come undone at the ends and began to curl, which i plan to just leave. I was just wondering how long it takes before they won't thicken up any further, i've heard 8-10months? But i assume it may be longer due to the method i used initially and the hair been tighter.

I have roughly 65+ dreadlocks, which seems like alot.. so i suppose that also contributes to the varying degree's of thickness. The length on them is good, there roughly 9inch's in length, i just hope for some of the thinner ones to thicken up, less i just let them congo up over time.. hehe.

Thanks.

updated by @mal: 01/13/15 08:56:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

8 months is typical for most dreads to thicken but cause u crochetted u will be 6-8 months behind since your only 3 months into recovery

65 isnt too high but will be semi thin to medium but still roughly 3 times thicker then what ya got

you may also see delayed shrinkingtoo while it thickens

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mal
@mal
13 years ago
15 posts

Awesome, thankyou both for your help! :)

Just had a look at your photo's Knotty, amazing dreadlocks.. looking at the time-line from thin to thick has been very re-assuring.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form