Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

an observation

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i was wetting my dreds in the shower getting ready to wash them when a whispy loose clump of hair caught my attention and i became fascinated by what i was observing

the waters surface tention pulled all the hairs together into a section

streamming down the newly sectioned hair

but not only that 1 hair was not perpinducular to the rest so that caused a minor turbu,lance in the stream which before my eyers started moving hairs below it to be out of the linear flow and start to wrap around eachothercausing more turbulant eddies and more movemebnt and tangling" now these tangles were loose and all but wrapped around eachiother still

then i stopped spraying the water over my head and the stream flowing down the sectioin gradualy weakened..but as it diid it became thinner the surface tension pulling those loops in tighter as it did

so although washing is important to keep em clean and frreee of oilds it seems the very act of getting them wet letting water flow through them also plays a part in the dreading process

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 05:26:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

haha :)

it was interesting to watch tho for sure ;)

--
Marcus Acosta
@marcus-acosta
13 years ago
53 posts
Awesome observation. I love your mindfulness!
supp
@supp
13 years ago
81 posts
Hmm I've never noticed that before, have to look out for it
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
I never watched it happen, but I assumed that it did. That is why I flip my head over in the shower and let the water run over it from every direction I can, sounds kinda silly, but i do it. I also barely have to do any seperating as of late. :)
Tim Barnes
@tim-barnes
13 years ago
25 posts
Another thing that Ive noticed is why you only need to scrub your scalp with the BS rinse when you wash! As you scrub and and let sit, it really settles in the roots. So, after you rinse- the water rushes through the dread and the BS rinse literally runs through the entire dread. I double BS rinsed mine, and didnt quite rinse all the BS out after- and ended up with white tips and had to re-rinse lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
p-pl must use it really strong to leave any white i do rinse well usualy tho but it should just be a cloudy white to broun dependin how much dirt it removed and i dont scrub mu scalp at all i soak the length (bout 1/t the length) and pour it over the top (2 containers 1 to pour 1 to saoak) then 5-8 min in i pour the soak over then rince thru maybe 3 min later sio i put nearly 2 cups in say 3 gallons through mine and never get any white buildup

--
Cheekychu
@cheekychu
13 years ago
14 posts
good to know, thx!
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
I second that observation, eagle. Like i have stated in other posts before, some of my best little congos formed while washing five days a week (with a mild organic shampoo of course) for two weeks. Water helps the process in my opinion, not hinder it.
Kare T
@kare-t
13 years ago
83 posts
Yeah, i get a lot of curls when my hair dries which should soon help to dread
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form