Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Out of Baking Soda!!

❀.Zombeth.☮)O(
@zombetho
13 years ago
42 posts
So I recently ran out of baking soda, and today I am going to wash my hair.I usually do the baking soda/acv wash that SE recommended on this site and add tea tree oil to the mix.. Is there anything (that is usually in every home) that I could replace for the baking soda just for today's hair wash?(Just a little info: My locks are a little over 2 months old, I don't or ever have used wax, my locks are about shoulder length, and we have hard water.)
updated by @zombetho: 02/14/15 03:32:03AM
Amy4
@amy4
13 years ago
2 posts

I use basic washing up liquid/detergent that I dilute roughly 1/4 washing up and the rest water (in a 500ml bottle, or 2 1/2 US cups water) Damn metric - imperial lol ! Which I follow with a vinegar rinse, obviously rinsing inbetween :) I got this idea from another forum because apparently it doesn't leave a residue

Hope this helps!

❀.Zombeth.☮)O(
@zombetho
13 years ago
42 posts
thank u
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
you can basically use any shampoo that isn't conditioning. i've heard that liquid dish soap is also an option.
❀.Zombeth.☮)O(
@zombetho
13 years ago
42 posts
So... is there a guarantee that these methods will not cause my two month old locks to unravel or hinder the locking process? I have some neutrogena anti residue formula, I have only used it a couple times and it smells soooo bad. I just don't want my locks to stink like that nasty shampoo xD
Amy4
@amy4
13 years ago
2 posts
My thinking was similar to heather's. I washed my hair with liquid dish soap/detergent/washing up liquid or whatever you call it yesterday I'm going natural and don't have dreads yet, but I also used to use it when I had my sectioned dreads. :)
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
the other day i didn't feel like adding baking soda so i just threw water, lavendar, jasmine, sea salt (small amount), and tea tree and just washed like that lol, got rid of my icky feelings just fine :P
Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts

This is an old post but uhhhhhh baking soda is seriously like $1...get more.

❀.Zombeth.☮)O(
@zombetho
13 years ago
42 posts
Not where I live.. and maybe I did not have a ride to the store.. not having my license and all..I already bought two boxes of it at the beginning of the month, thanks anyway
Lex
@lex
13 years ago
217 posts
btw I use diluted dish soap too. It's awesome.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form