dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

1st Day Dreadlock Journey -- New to Site

Marcus Acosta
@marcus-acosta
13 years ago
53 posts

Hey Everyone,

After a very long introduction post of mine didn't actually post once I hit submit (I didn't copy -_-) I will give a short introduction. My name is Marcus and I have been letting my hair grow out since October 2010 in preparation for dreads. After deciding (after a TERRIBLE WEAVE TWIST and a loss of $300 at Black salon) to go natural I have a couple questions.
My hair is currently about 4 inches long and fine although I do have A LOT of hair. I've been washing my hair with just baking soda and water since October 2010 3x a week. Since I was just growing it out to eventually do the backcombing method, I always brushed it.
Today I will stop brushing it. After my fiasco at the salon (didn't realize a twist and weave--synthetic hair method would not work very well on very fine hair), I've decided to go the natural route!

The site seems very difficult to navigate so I figured I'd ask my question here:

1) Besides washing 3x a week with Baking soda and water and NO BRUSHING, is there anything I should be doing to help it lock? Please let me know! :-)

I'm so happy that I'm joining such a wonderful community with great support! -Marcus

updated by @marcus-acosta: 01/13/15 08:55:45PM
Marcus Acosta
@marcus-acosta
13 years ago
53 posts
Here's a pic of my hair today.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
let it grow longer as it sections and starts to knot up seperate sections that try to grow too bigother then that keep your hands awayand sea salt sprays or added to the bs wash will help alot toou probly need more length still but it will dread when its ready the sea salt might get it dreasding shorter tghen usual...maybe

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dan B
@dan-b
13 years ago
58 posts
Welcome dude!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form