Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey there folks. My twist and rip

Rustee Juxx
@rustee-juxx
13 years ago
5 posts
nnanamname is Jonathan. I recently went toa salon and attempted to start my dreads. I thought I had done research enough to get it done right. The stylest seemed experienced and dud back comb, however (without mentioning this part) actually did some weird braid. After the process they looked OK but just didn't hold up. Evidence of this is that I was able to remove them myself in a couple hours.So...after 300$ I'm back to where I started. I guess the good news is I saved the lengthI now have found you guys and am happy for that. After reading some of the posts here I tried finding a salon that new what the twist and rip method. I'm in Atlanta and can't find anyone. At this point I'm hoping to find some one here who is willing to help me start my dreads for money.Sorry for my typos. I sent this from my phone
updated by @rustee-juxx: 02/14/15 09:37:31AM
Tim Barnes
@tim-barnes
13 years ago
25 posts
You should just twist and rip them urself bro! Just get in the zone, feel the sections where they naturally want to be- and start twisting and ripping! I did mine in less than half a day and they feel great!!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nonono u nevrr want sa salon do em yourself u already found out salons are a rippoff why ya wanna waste more money

its so easy to do it yourself and find a freind to help dop the back

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

he braids might have been interlocking wich your lucky u got out thats 1 of the worse things u could do or coulda been two strand twists which never would work inyour haor

no matter what never trust another salon

--
Rustee Juxx
@rustee-juxx
13 years ago
5 posts
I have no friends. 8(
Iwill take the advice though. Any tips on methods? Do I need to back comb first? My hair is strong not sure if it will be too abusive
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
well its not too hard to do the back yourself either many of our members did them all by themselves

--
Tim Barnes
@tim-barnes
13 years ago
25 posts
I think backcoming is frail tho. Too much work and damage, comes undone easily in straight hair.
Rustee Juxx
@rustee-juxx
13 years ago
5 posts
Forgive the silly questions. Do you twist one way ,rip then twist the other way rip?
Tim Barnes
@tim-barnes
13 years ago
25 posts
Nah, u just twist whatever way feels natural (I twisted clockwise with right hand, counter with left on left side) then u rip, then twist again and continue with the same pattern
Rustee Juxx
@rustee-juxx
13 years ago
5 posts
Also, i used regular shampoo and conditioner to help remove what the stylist did. Is there a way to basically remove all the residue prior to me starting tnr? will washing with bs do that? and maybe make it easier on me. my hair is fairly smooth and straight so any advice that will friz it up or whatever to make it easier is appreciated.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form