Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bangs with dreadlocks...what to do

Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
I decided when I started my dreads that I wanted to hang onto a little bit of brushable hair so I left the front section and trimmed it up: voila! bangs...I thought it would be nice but I'm finding they're kind of a pain, my dreads are trying to eat my bangs first of all and there isn't much you can do with them. I find myself getting a headache from bobbypins. I guess I'm wondering if YOU have bangs what you like to do with them or how you keep them in check. I also find myself having to braid them up or pin them back at night because, like I said before my dreads are trying to eat them. Any suggestions?
updated by @sheresa: 02/14/15 09:16:41AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
let em dread? simple solution

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
13 years ago
217 posts

how long have you had dreads/bangs? after a while the dreads learn their place and stop eating the long bang hairs it seems like. i had mine long and flowing before and didn't really have any issues after a couple months. then i cut them short and it looks like a different hairstyle. i just like the versatility that bangs give me, but it is a pain in the ass because i have to get them wet so they aren't sticking straight out before i leave the house.

Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
Haha...yeah I kinda thought you would say that :) I'm just owrried evenually I'll miss doing NOTHING to it so I left the bangs for my safety net

soaringeagle said:
let em dread? simple solution
Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts

Going on three weeks now. The sides where I backcombed are starting to tighten up and definitely do their own thing. So you think once they tighten up a lil more the bangs won't be such a headache??? I love the IDEA of bangs but they're pissing me off haha
Eva Lovelocks said:

how long have you had dreads/bangs? after a while the dreads learn their place and stop eating the long bang hairs it seems like. i had mine long and flowing before and didn't really have any issues after a couple months. then i cut them short and it looks like a different hairstyle. i just like the versatility that bangs give me, but it is a pain in the ass because i have to get them wet so they aren't sticking straight out before i leave the house.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i was thinking about cutting bangs because i hate my forehead and i look better in bangs. i just don't want all the extra work that i would have to do to make them look nice everyday. i'm sure after time your hair will stop eating them though. good luck:)
Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
yeah...if mine WANTED to stay outta my face itd be cool....but I'm constantly trying to weed my bangs out...patience patience patience.....
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

the whole idea for me with dreads is the little to no maintenance so bangs would defeat that with me but I would assume once your dreads find their place and tighten up more they should stop trying to eat your bangs and I love the dread/not dreaded look especially with bangs but in no way could i do it w/ my hair type, you tried wearing a tam at bedtime?

Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
no haven't tried a tam at bedtime yet. nothing stays on my head when i sleep. i just grab the bangs and braid em and use a hairtie and then i have to wake up and either wet them down or straighten them to get the wave out...hoping to take a trip to the city nearby and have some options on stuff to cover up my head! :)
Tori
@tori
13 years ago
34 posts

I haven't really had any issues...I keep mine tucked behind my ears, and they seem to stick to themselves LOL!

hmmm only tip I can think of, is keep your dreads tied back? or maybe just let them do what they want... I dont even brush mine...just with my fingers.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form