Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Humid climates

MomaHepp
@momahepp
13 years ago
27 posts
Hi, I was just wondering is there a lot more chance of getting mold in your dreads if you live in a humid, rainy climate. I just got back from Hilo, Hi; and it rains a lot there. After I got out if the ocean it seemed like my hair stayed moist the whole trip. I started to avoid the water. I didn't bring a hair dryer either. I wasn't expecting that. Next time I will try to keep my head covered to avoid the rain and misty air.
updated by @momahepp: 01/13/15 08:55:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i spendt 6 months in oregon it rained alnmost every day when its hot i pour water over my head to cool down

i never had issiues unless i put em in a hat or tied em up wet ort had huge beads or otherwise bundled em up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MomaHepp
@momahepp
13 years ago
27 posts
Ok, cuz I got in the ocean the first day, sincevthe salt water is so great for then when they are forming. But then I realized how moist it was there. It seemed like it was having a hard time drying. Maybe the salt in it felt weird, too. Anyway by the end of the trip, I was trying to find ways to avoid any moisture. Alot of people there have dehumidifiers in their homes, which would probably help.

soaringeagle said:

i spendt 6 months in oregon it rained alnmost every day when its hot i pour water over my head to cool down

i never had issiues unless i put em in a hat or tied em up wet ort had huge beads or otherwise bundled em up

Iain
@iain
13 years ago
844 posts
the salt that remains in your hair would actually prevent mold from growing (not long term) but long enough for your hair to dry at least. i live in florida and though the summers are miserable and humid I haven't had any problems even when i went to the beach constantly
MomaHepp
@momahepp
13 years ago
27 posts
ok, good to know. There's a lot of dreadies there in HI. So i figure it's fine. Its so tempting to dip your head in the ocean every chance u get with new locks !

Iain said:
the salt that remains in your hair would actually prevent mold from growing (not long term) but long enough for your hair to dry at least. i live in florida and though the summers are miserable and humid I haven't had any problems even when i went to the beach constantly
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form