Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loose haiRs

Chelsea LookWhatTheCatDraggedIn
@chelsea-lookwhatthecatdraggedin
13 years ago
42 posts
I have a ton of loose hairs, mostly up neer my roots. I am wondering if maybe it is a result of my crocheting habits. Many people don't mind loose hairs but to me it looks messy. Also tons of kinks and waviness in mu dreads probably from sleeping on them weird. How can I reduce my loose hairs in the future And now without crocheting.
updated by @chelsea-lookwhatthecatdraggedin: 02/14/15 07:39:34AM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
13 years ago
393 posts

The best thing to do is not worry about them.

As long as your hair continues to go through its normal hair growth/shedding cycle you will always have some loose hair.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

just leave em and wait it out

theyre recovering from the crochet

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
It's probably from the crochet but loose hairs are completely normal and a good thing IMHO. They form new dreads eventually or join up with others. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them, dreads aren't supposed to be perfect. crocheting does break a lot of hairs so it really just tends to make the loose/frizzy hair situation worse in the end. Kind of a viscous cycle. :o)
Denise ∞
@denise
13 years ago
83 posts
Thekinks and waviness are normal too.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
and fun!!

Denise said:
Thekinks and waviness are normal too.

--
Haley
@haley
13 years ago
8 posts
at the beginning i had a lot of loose hairs too but i've been wearing a wool tam when i'm at home or going to sleep and i've noticed that its helping a lot. hope that helps :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
tuck away

--
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts
Yeah dude, it's totally normal. If you let them be, they'll get sucked into the dreads.Around a year or so your dreads should neaten up. I wouldn't worry about it :)and my dreads are so loopy, it's crazy! but it means they're locking up.
dank
@dank
13 years ago
3 posts

loose hairs are normal. they will eventually dread up and look great.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form