Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Fellow asians, please share with me your dreading experiences!

Alvin Hipolito
@alvin-hipolito
13 years ago
3 posts

please help! i'm having serious doubts as to whether or not my insanely straight asian hair will dread naturally. will somebody help alleviate my doubts?

also, have any fellow asians dreaded their hair using the backcombing method, without wax? how would one go about that?

thanks so much for your time and help!

updated by @alvin-hipolito: 02/14/15 06:39:13AM
supp
@supp
13 years ago
81 posts
Hmmm can't help too much, but just wanted to say ASIAN DREADS LOOK SICK!!! =]
supp
@supp
13 years ago
81 posts
Hmmm can't help too much, but just wanted to say ASIAN DREADS LOOK SICK!!! =]
Dreadedsunflower
@dreadedsunflower
13 years ago
60 posts
I'm not full asian so I can't say for sure your hair will act like mine but my hair was ridiculously straight and fine before I had my daughter. with my first set of dreads I used t'n'r just like I did with this set and it worked out really well. I will say smaller dreads will be better for your hair if it is fine. they do thicken up. but you should have no problem with the t'n'r method if going natural doesn't work. good luck! :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

asian hair dreada fine naturaly in fact the fastest i ever saw dreads form (ovdernight) wass in long japanese straight hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alvin Hipolito
@alvin-hipolito
13 years ago
3 posts

thanks everyone for taking the time to reply =)

i think i'd like thicker dreads. considering backcombing, w/out wax, of course

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
They dread fine naturally? I wouldn't of thought that to be honest SE. At all. Learn something new everyday i guess.

soaringeagle said:

asian hair dreada fine naturaly in fact the fastest i ever saw dreads form (ovdernight) wass in long japanese straight hair

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
we h

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
u can make thicker dreads with tnr and theyd hold together better and not stick straight up

Alvin Hipolito said:

thanks everyone for taking the time to reply =)

i think i'd like thicker dreads. considering backcombing, w/out wax, of course

--
Alvin Hipolito
@alvin-hipolito
13 years ago
3 posts

thanks so much, that was exactly what i was looking for!

thanks everyone, you all helped boost my knowledge and confidence immensely. i'll be a' dreadin' this weekend! weehee!

Knottysleeves said:

Backcombing is a good method for your hair type, it should hold really well. Here's a great pic timeline of a Filipina's backcombed dreads, from start to 2 years: http://www.compunction.org/hair/amanda.html
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form