Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
justin ivers
@justin-ivers
13 years ago
16 posts

i took my dreads outta the rubberbands as sugested an i just washed them but now they dont even look like dreads anymore is this normal

updated by @justin-ivers: 01/13/15 08:54:21PM
matty
@matty
13 years ago
15 posts
just leave them be, worst thing you can do is try and fix them. let them fix themselves and tighten up over time. its totaly natural fot them to become loose
Natty Dave
@natty-dave
13 years ago
56 posts
your hair looks super short and from experience, shorter dreads are hard to keep together, your best bet is to put on a tam and stop looking at them or you'll end up trying to "fix" them or combing them out. just chill and let'em go with the flow
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
they technically aren't dreads yet. just knotted hair. your hairs knotted sections will probably loosen up or come undone completely. all normal. just keep your hair clean and wear a wool tam and someday you'll notice some wonderful dreads forming.good luck!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
yeaw normal they will dread up u can add a bead to em to help but whatdid u wash with and how

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
justin ivers
@justin-ivers
13 years ago
16 posts
knotty boy dreadsoap bar it did more damage then the dr bronners did
Natty Dave
@natty-dave
13 years ago
56 posts

eh, i've used knotty boy bar soap and loved it so i wouldn't demonize it, your hair is short, it is going to get loose and lots if not most of the dreads will fall out or loosen. you need to keep in mind that dreads generally have a good 1-2" of loose hair at the roots that has/will not dread, that means that if you have 4 inch dreads, it is safe to assume that at least half that will be undreaded for some time

your best bet is to use a bs rinse, using bar soaps or anything that may require being lathered or scrubbed is going to be rough on new dreads.

justin ivers said:

justin ivers
@justin-ivers
13 years ago
16 posts
wasnt demonizing it just sayin dr bronners didnt do that but at the same time i had the rubberbands in when i washed with dr bronners so maybe thats why but in all i liked the way the knottyboy soap did i made it easier to back comb them after they dried

Davey said:

eh, i've used knotty boy bar soap and loved it so i wouldn't demonize it, your hair is short, it is going to get loose and lots if not most of the dreads will fall out or loosen. you need to keep in mind that dreads generally have a good 1-2" of loose hair at the roots that has/will not dread, that means that if you have 4 inch dreads, it is safe to assume that at least half that will be undreaded for some time

your best bet is to use a bs rinse, using bar soaps or anything that may require being lathered or scrubbed is going to be rough on new dreads.

justin ivers said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
i agree the bs is gentlest no scrubbing at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus