Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Jail. Lice. Cutting Dreads

Eric Is Asche
@eric-is-asche
13 years ago
37 posts

So i just got out of a little stint in the slammer. it was only a few months so it wasn't that bad. but on the last few weeks there i got lice. and it sucked it sucked really bad. so they got rid of them and all was fine. then i get out and a week later BAM they are back. today i will be cutting my hair. this is the third time i've had them. i've done the alcohol thing and its worked i just don't think i washed everything in my house well enough. maybe some eggs laid dormant inside a dread from having them so many times. i dunno. but today i will be dreadless. now when i cut them i'm going to leave a few inches of dread to try and comb out. i think if i buzz my head then you will be able to see the horrible condition of my scalp. which is covered in scabs from scratching it like crazy. i will be growing them back immediately following the cutting. just with shorter hair and the right way this time. not crochet. no back comb. all natural baby. all natural.

eRic

updated by @eric-is-asche: 01/13/15 08:54:20PM
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts

Oh I am so sorry to hear that you feel you have to cut em. That is very very sad. Being in jail sucks but loosing your dreads because of it is horrible. I combed my first set of dreads out because my daughter picked up head lice from school. So I really do feel for you.

But I admire your attitude! Starting fresh! You will love your future dreads and appreciate them even more! Good luck to you!!!

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
I'm sorry to hear this :( Lice is a hassle w/ out dreads and I can imagine w/ dreads even worse but I am so glad you are remaining positive and going natural this time will be great to see!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
oh that sux! I am sorry you should use delacet if it happens again. All natural, pesticide free lice remover that works really well for dreads. Good Luck with everything!!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form