Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

LICE HELP!!!

Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
13 years ago
117 posts
my daughters friend gave us lice!! HELP!! we cannot use chemical products. WHAT DO I DO?!! is there a natural way to kill them?
updated by @mama-harrison: 02/14/15 09:05:55AM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
delacet is great. You might need to order it online, get more than 1 box. It works so well. Pesticide free.
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts

i had the same problem when my daughter was little. I had dreads at the time. I ended up combing my dreads out and waiting til she got older to start them again. I feel for you sister. It is an awful thing to go through.

My daughter's friend did not get rid of them immediately. So my daughter got them again a few weeks later. I had used the chemicals on her head the first time and a follow up. I also cleaned and sprayed my house with chemicals. So when she got them the second time. I used mayonnaise. I covered her head with a real thick thick thick layer of it ....wrapped it in plastic and left it on for hours. Disinfected the whole house again while i had her wrapped up. Washed her hair really well after and made absolutely sure there were no nits attached to her hair. Had to wash it a couple of times again to get all the oil from the mayo out. But it worked! It was also very conditioning for her hair :) made it really soft.

But the episode made me really paranoid about head lice! I use tea tree as a preventative.I combed my dreads out..even though I didn't actually have any of the critters.

GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
13 years ago
155 posts

I know you said no chemicals, but you could bleach your daughters and your head, thats a pretty sure fire way to get rid of them.

other then that i would say use a little rubbing alcohol dab it on your head, some ppl actually use a good bit wear a bag or a shower cap and suficate those little bastards and wash again.

you will have to do this every 2 days to get rid of them, due to there reproduction.

You could try ACV but i dont think thats going to do the trick, i would try the delacet

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

mayonese

petrolem jelly

alcohol

vinager

anything that will sufocate them use every 3 days

mayonese is used in homeless shelters aloy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
13 years ago
117 posts

GratefulNick said:

I know you said no chemicals, but you could bleach your daughters and your head, thats a pretty sure fire way to get rid of them.

other then that i would say use a little rubbing alcohol dab it on your head, some ppl actually use a good bit wear a bag or a shower cap and suficate those little bastards and wash again.

you will have to do this every 2 days to get rid of them, due to there reproduction.

You could try ACV but i dont think thats going to do the trick, i would try the delacet

Thanks for the support, but I don't even use bleach on our clothes or floors and I would NEVER use it on my hair or body! BAd news!! I would shave my head before that, honestly. I really appreciate your consideration though :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
meat tenerizer dissolves thre exoskeleton coke dissolves the eggs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
13 years ago
117 posts

I have laundered everything it hot water+white vinegar+GSE(grapefruit seed extract). My daughter and I soaked in a bath of the same+TTO(tea Tree oil) and left it on our hair, no rinse. we will don this every morning for the next few days and see how we fare. I think that should do it. My daughter is only 18 months old and has very short (baby), white hair--we have no itching since the bath, which is a good sign. Will keep you posted, but I am pretty confident that this will work based on my research. Alos, I think that delacet is discontinued :( it looked like a good product.

thanks to everyone for your prompt help!

Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
13 years ago
117 posts
meat tenderizer is MSG and is a neurotoxin and coke, well, i won't even go there. thanks for the ideas, but i prefer the natural route :) the worst i may do would be the may (we are vegan--so hopefully veganase would do).

soaringeagle said:
meat tenerizer dissolves thre exoskeleton coke dissolves the eggs
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form