dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread perm disaster salon dreads

magic fairy
@magic-fairy
13 years ago
8 posts

Hi

About 6 months ago I went to get my hair dreaded in a salon, using a perm solution,

A few of my freinds had, had their hair done there previously, So I didnt really second think my decision. After the hours of teasing I was sent home with no advice..

I was told to wash my hair as usual with my regular shampoo, so I did.

After the 1st wash I lost a few dreads and started to fret

I went back to where I got it done and the lady had no idea what was going wrong...

so poopy me hadnt done any research..

and half of my hair fell out

and still is.

the dreads are all drooping to the ends leaving a string in the middle that eventually snaps

I have lost the underneath half of my hair, it is now about an inch long,

Undecided on weather i should go some where to get extensions

i love the dreads but many many more are on there verge of falling out.

I really dont want to shave my head!!

I def. should have done it the natural way, but is too late now

updated by @magic-fairy: 02/14/15 06:38:19AM
magic fairy
@magic-fairy
13 years ago
8 posts

As you can see im going to lose a lot more

updated by @magic-fairy: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u should sue the salon! dread perms are the absolute worse way to dread and should be a last resort when absolutely everything else was tried and failed (like 10 years of trying)

seriusly..sue the salon they screwed you and screwed u badly u cant let em get away with that or they'll screw others too

ok i dunno what to tell ya about saving them dread perms fry the hair so matbe a jojoba conditionuing

id..yea id stay away from the baking soda acv till we get info from pantera

i dont wanna mess with the ph till i know

try a really diluted dr bronners with jojoba and vitamin e added

your gonna want to just try to save as much hair as i can so it can grow in healthy and dread from there altho..it sounds so bad u might want to cut and try to just save 4 inches so u can twist and rip or something..or 6 and go natural

but..yea..sue em..seriusly..

not only for the cost but emotional damages as well

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
whoa ok looked at the pics i dunno what the hell she did to u..thats just weird..photo document everything including the ones that fell off save em as evidence

--
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
oh dear. wow. that is awful. I am so sorry. The stylist that did this should have known better. They should NEVER have suggested a perm when your hair was bleached like that.Your hair is way over processed. Bleaching, then a chemical perm on top of that can ruin (fry) your hair anyway. Plus whoever did it obviously back combed it too aggressively causing even more damage. I don't think that is fixable with jojoba and vitamin e. I think that the added stress and weight of extensions would not be good. Causing the existing damaged hair to break off at the scalp.I want to make sure I understand this correctly....when you say lost a couple of dreads....you don't mean they loosened up and became undreaded straight hair, you mean that they completely fell off ...right?I can only suggest getting rid of the fried hair leaving it alone for awhile and then starting over. No perms , no bleach.What has happened to you is the stuff nightmares are made of. I am so sorry you are going through it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ofcourse u can ssue u neverr watched the peoples court on tv they do it all the time even if a dye jobs a shade off

but well

no way no way no way should u felt anythijhg to anything felting is utter destruction theyd all fall off for sure then

the jojoba and e would nourish the hair making it a bit stronger les brittle but wont fix things only prevent it from getting worse (i hope)0

start the small claims court process imediately document everything thoroughly (500 pictures wont be too many)

we will back u up as well

hell i'll go to court with ya (u can pay me with a hug)

we'll get panterra to write u an experts testimony (if shes close enough she can go too maybe)

i dont think theres any saving these unlerss were just trying to save em long enough for new healthy growth to come in then cut off the destroyed patys

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ogh damn shes from australia now i diunno how they sue them therer and theres no way i can be in the court unless someone sencds me on a trip (id love that)

but we will write out something for you

hell ill makre a video pressentation for you

damn that sucks was looking forward to that hug too..

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
I'm so sorry that you have to go through this! The hairdresser should have known better! definitely get up with Panterra she will steer you right. If I were you I would cut it off then start over. Once hair is damaged to that extent I don't think you can repair it. :( Have you contacted the salon to show them what they did to you? I'm curious how much they charged you to ruin your hair. They should not be allowed to continue doing this to people.
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
This just sucks! If I were in your shoes, I would take SE's advice and try anything healthy and natural to condition and try and save them, or just to save any of them. If it seems to be causing morestress or not helping after some time, I would then start over, but definitely wouldn't shave it! I'm sure some of the hair can be salvaged and the fresh growth can be strong if treated well, escpecially if it's been 6 months, no dying or backcombing or any of that. And hell yes I would sue them! I've heard of people sueing for weaves being put it wrong causing scalp damage and this is not that far off. You will need documentation though, dates, receipts, photos. I am glad you have found this site, it sounds to me that SE really knows his stuff and knows some people that can help you. We are here for you girly. Keep us posted and good luck. This is supposed to be a journey, not a stressful frightening experience, I wish you the best.
magic fairy
@magic-fairy
13 years ago
8 posts

Thank you every one for your concerns..

Im afraid I wont be going to sue.. But I will try and get my money back even though it has been this long

For some reason i still blame myself a bit, as I was the stupid one that didnt do any research

Maybe we are a tad bit uneducated here!

When I did make the booking I told the lady I had very bleached hair and she thought nothing of it.

When I returned she offered to put in extensions of braids... and that the next time I come in we should cut it all off and she can do braids... But im like noooooooo i dont want them

So I will give her a call tomorrow with a planned out conversation, asking for a refund and if not I will take legal action.

There really isnt much I can do..

I know you all say so easily start again... but im afraid my hair will take too long to grow!~

Ill try living with it for a little longer, although it is summer and i love the ocean! So i think i will be losing a few more..

The ony good thing that will come out of this, will be a shave for kids if I can make it to the end of the year!

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form