Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have been making some loc jewels, thoughts please?

Loc Lava
@loc-lava
13 years ago
42 posts

Greetings,

I have been working on some new loc jewelry designs and would like some input on what you think of the designs. These are made with various wood, bone, shell and stone components that I have been collecting over the years. Some have hemp fiber tassels and silver metal jingles. They are designed to be coiled around a loc and hang down. The wire is very strong and these would be easily removable. Thoughts on design, sizes components?

updated by @loc-lava: 02/14/15 03:37:42AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
1st good to see ppl using the new forum section :) 2nd 90% possitive responce just 1 tiny concern that some of the parts might snag loose hairs?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Loc Lava
@loc-lava
13 years ago
42 posts

I have been testing a few in my hair and a few in my mans hair just for that issue and so far no problems. I would likely suggest that they not be slept in and removed before washing. My thought is not for use as a permanent decoration but as jewelry that can be taken off and changed.

My locs are a bit older then some others, so the snagging might be an issue with less mature ones...I will think about that.

momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
13 years ago
159 posts

They are wonderful!!! Are you going to sell any, if so how much? What gauge wire are you using? How long are they? What a great idea for our dreads.

peace

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
oh my god i love these!!!!!!!!
Loc Lava
@loc-lava
13 years ago
42 posts

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! I am going to sell these in my etsy shop and maybe on here too. I have not figured out pricing yet, I just wanted to get some idea as to if the look was something that people liked. Plus I plan on offering these with other wire colors for lighter hair as well, since I know some people rather it blend in with the hair.

The wire for wrapping onto the loc(s) is about 3" long, over all length ranges from 5-8", the tasseled ones are the longer length.

JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
13 years ago
217 posts
i love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want one!
Loc Lava
@loc-lava
13 years ago
42 posts

Great, I am really happy you like them. I really love them too. I have some other colors of wire on order, so there will be more options soon. I will work out my pricing over the weekend some time and post some for sale. I would like to know if you prefer the wire color to blend in with your hair? or does it not matter?

momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
13 years ago
159 posts

Hi Loc Lava,

You may want to show a few photos with the wire/bead art in your dread, a picture is worth a thousand words. Using color wire vs black wire. Look forward to seeing more. I did go to the Etsy site, you have some great works there. Nice wearable art.
peace

Loc Lava said:

Great, I am really happy you like them. I really love them too. I have some other colors of wire on order, so there will be more options soon. I will work out my pricing over the weekend some time and post some for sale. I would like to know if you prefer the wire color to blend in with your hair? or does it not matter?

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
amazing, and the good news is that my hair is naturally dark so it would blend in w/ my hair once I get it back it's norm color :P I really really like these!
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form