Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What type of dreads do you think my hair will make naturally?

Liberty
@liberty
13 years ago
33 posts
Would be great for people with experience could let me know how they think my hair will dread naturally and maybe an idea of how long.Many many thanks in advance..(This is my hair when 1st washed with BS and towel dried)
updated by @liberty: 02/14/15 09:35:20AM
Liberty
@liberty
13 years ago
33 posts
Please excuse the terrible two tone colour it was the 1st time I ever dyed my hair.. Something I will never do again
meg ☮
@meg
13 years ago
92 posts
what kind of dreads? It'll make dreads... I'm not sure what you're asking here. They'll be thick or thin depending on how you separate, if that's what you mean :)
Liberty
@liberty
13 years ago
33 posts

Hi

Um I think I was wondering if natural ones start off as thin and get thicker.. Thanks :)

meg ☮
@meg
13 years ago
92 posts
It depends on how small you keep the sections (I'm only a month in natural, mind you, so that's the only direct experience I have). But from what I've read, it's best to keep them small in the beginning, as they thicken up over time
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ity looks like yoirs will want to be huge unless ui seperate alot but it will dread lojke crazzzzzzzzzzy i bet it dreads fast as hell

post pivcs every week

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Liberty
@liberty
13 years ago
33 posts
Thanks for the info I'm happy to hear they will hopefully want to be big.. :) Will take a pic weekly ...
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
Remember the section rules lol your mature dread will be approximately the size of your sections. If you have small sections you will have small dreads. mine are approximately 1" a few are bigger a few smaller. 1" is the average/standard size now. Be aware that real big sections make REAL BIG dreads! Thru the first year or so your dreads will thicken.I know you want fatter dreads. I did too. It is easier to get two mature dreads to combine into a thicker one than it is to separate a big dread into 2 thinner ones.I just separated a dread. let me tell you ..the word is OUCH!!!!Good luck with your dreads! Looking forward to seeing your progress!
Liberty
@liberty
13 years ago
33 posts

Sorry to sound stupid but sectioning? Should I be putting my hair in sections with bands or something? I was just just leaving it?

(Your hair looks great really like the size of the dreads) :)

Liberty
@liberty
13 years ago
33 posts
Thanks Suzanne I will leave it totally natural and just see what happens :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form