Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dying my dreads

Chelsea LookWhatTheCatDraggedIn
@chelsea-lookwhatthecatdraggedin
13 years ago
42 posts
Last time I did this my roots bleached and my dreads did not. Should leave it on for longer? And should I put my extensions on before or after I die it. Not fake extensions but just making my dreads longer.
updated by @chelsea-lookwhatthecatdraggedin: 01/13/15 08:53:28PM
13 years ago
42 posts
And how come everybody elses dreads are full in their head and I only have like 4 little dreads on the backbofmy head? It's pretty bare back there. :(
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
I don't know anything about coloring dreads. But i am curious about the sections on your head. You said you have 4 dreads in the back? How many dreads do you have in total? How big are your sections? The biggest you would need is about 1 " sections.
13 years ago
42 posts
check my pics. i have more than 4 and they are about 1 inch to 1.5 inches. they just dont look like everybody elses on the back of my head. which i know everybodys dreads are different but i want pretty dreads too. :[

taye said:
I don't know anything about coloring dreads. But i am curious about the sections on your head. You said you have 4 dreads in the back? How many dreads do you have in total? How big are your sections? The biggest you would need is about 1 " sections.
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts

well for one thing dreads are not formed immediately. It takes at least a year for them to become mature. A dread will become approximately the size of the section so if your section is 1' your dread should be about one inch thick.There is an exception to that, if it has been crocheted. Crocheted dreads are Not gonna look like other dreads. It compacts your hair into a dread shape and breaks a lot of hair inside. Crocheted dreads have a tendency to be so tightly compacted that it makes them skinnier and harder than a dread should be.

Don't compare baby dreads to mature dreads.Every picture you see of beautiful dreads start out with messy baby dreads that have had to mature over time. Enjoy the crazy things that your head will do for the next year. Be patient your dreads will only mature with time.

I checked out your pics....Have you been crocheting? That is what it looks like to me. The dreads look too solid and too tight for baby dreads. Remember healthy baby dreads need to be a little loose so that real knots can form. anything that tries to force quick knots isn't good for healthy dreads.

13 years ago
42 posts
well thanks for that. :] i see so many pics of other prople with new dreads and they all look so much better than mine. its a little upsetting but im sure they will get there.

taye said:

well for one thing dreads are not formed immediately. It takes at least a year for them to become mature. A dread will become approximately the size of the section so if your section is 1' your dread should be about one inch thick.There is an exception to that, if it has been crocheted. Crocheted dreads are Not gonna look like other dreads. It compacts your hair into a dread shape and breaks a lot of hair inside. Crocheted dreads have a tendency to be so tightly compacted that it makes them skinnier and harder than a dread should be.

Don't compare baby dreads to mature dreads.Every picture you see of beautiful dreads start out with messy baby dreads that have had to mature over time. Enjoy the crazy things that your head will do for the next year. Be patient your dreads will only mature with time.

I checked out your pics....Have you been crocheting? That is what it looks like to me. The dreads look too solid and too tight for baby dreads. Remember healthy baby dreads need to be a little loose so that real knots can form. anything that tries to force quick knots isn't good for healthy dreads.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form