Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

"you're not doing your dreads right"(funny story)

Dreadedsunflower
@dreadedsunflower
13 years ago
60 posts

how going to get some liquor lead up to being told I'm not doing my dreads right

So for anyone in the US yesterday I'm pretty sure you heard about the south getting a butt load of snow. Well the day started out with just smokin some weed and playing in the snow, then we got bored with that and we all decided what a wonderful idea(note* sarcasm) it would be to walk to the store and get some liquor.Well I was mainly just playing tag-along because I still had over 3/4 of a bottle of jager, but I needed cigarillos and red bull anyways.

When we finally get to the store(only like a mile away but walking in 7'' of snow makes it seem like 10 miles)and everyone gets what they were wanting my best-friend Kristie's boyfriend Bo decides to call his friend Chris and his friend's old lady Amanda to come get us. At this point I just wanted to get started walking back home because they are taking forever to get there plus I don't like the idea of riding in a car in the ice. Well they finally pull up, but not in what I expected, I was expecting a car big enough for all of us to fit but no they pull up in a two door convertible. So I start walking telling everyone I'll get there when I get there, everyone starts yelling my name and telling me to get in the car it will be fine so I listen to them and then the four of us pile into the back seat (literally) I was on my husbands lap and Kristie was on Bo's lap.

We get started down the road then Bo's friend Chris decides he thinks it a good idea to try to drift, needless to say the car starts sliding like crazy and I start screaming we all made Chris stop and Kristie, My husband and Me start walking back to the house because I'm not trying to get killed by an idiot.

We get home and everyone is all pissed off at each other, but we all eventually get over it and smoke a blunt. Well while smoking said blunt well Chris's old lady Amanda says to me "you're not doing your dreads right". Recommending palm rolling and twisting and wax. So as any level headed person I asked her where she learned this from she smiles and said from "my ex he is black and I had to learn to take care of his dreads". So then I explain the whole t'n'r thing for the millionth time. Then Chris gets into it with her about something to do with dreads. So I stand there and watch the bicker back and forth and then I decided to shut them up because they started talking about my dreads I start yelling and after about ten minutes I get them to shut up and I kindly inform her that "while the dreads I have currently are just babies, I have had a previous set of dreads that I had for over a year and a half and that I'm positive that I know how to take care of my dreads." and after that I got a go to hell look.

So end of story sorry it's so long just felt you might want to know what lead up to us having this conversation because yesterday was pretty fun until the whole car thing.

updated by @dreadedsunflower: 01/13/15 08:53:28PM
Kayla Hinners
@kayla-hinners
13 years ago
13 posts
I've gotten into quite a few conversations like this lately. My boyfriend loves my hair and wanted me to do his. So I did his hair one night. TnR just like mine. He likes the fact that I don't use wax or anything and wanted to do it that way too. The same night a friend of ours called and asked if I would do hers. So, I did. After what seemed like foreverof doing her hair she seemed like she loved them. Then, I get home and realize that she has been talking to a girl I went to school with about her hair. This girl's boyfriend is into the whole dreadheadhq thing. He got the kit and everything. Wax, loc accelorator, loose hair tool...everything. So she starts telling her she needs to buy some wax and "do them right" because they look like shit. Needless tosay a very annoyingdebate followed that. It's been about a week and she combed them out, after a nice little comment about me "ruining" her hair.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
just send her this link to our site and inform here that its actualy the wax that is ruining her hair and she should tell that other girl to go to hell

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form