Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting My journey

Dan B
@dan-b
13 years ago
58 posts
So after being sucked in by a lot of the dreadhead hq crap I was ready to get my dreads. But luckily I trusted my instinct and didn't. Two things bothered me. One, why should dreads cost that much?! And Two, something told me not to put crap in my hair lol. I'm glad now I found this site I didn't. Rip off merchants!So I'm effectively set to goI am having my hair sectioned by a mate (hairdresser) because I like the look of fairly even dreads. I've decided to TnR my dreads to get them started. I have hair down to my shoulders.Can anyone recommend a video on TnR or give me a guide to doing it? I'm getting some friends in to have a dread party type get together. Involve them in my journey and help them understand my want for them. But I need to be able to show them what to do.
updated by @dan-b: 01/13/15 08:52:53PM
Kris2
@kris2
13 years ago
43 posts

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreaducation-comprehensive#axzz1A1nYG6AD

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/3754945:Page:117084#axzz1A1nf1U2H

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/twist-and-rip-method-dreading#axzz1A1npTTAL

Its pretty simple some people seem to take up to like 10 hrs but i did my own in 3 hrs :P its recommended you dont always pull apart half and half, mix it up 70-30 40-60 etc. and it will help them not to look braided or anything.

good luck on your journey and we hope to see some updates :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what kris means is seperate randomly when u do the rips so theres different hairs and ammounts of hairs in each hand every time and only retwist 1 outta every 5-10 pulls

thats about it ppl ive given a 2 minute explanatiin and they made beautiful dreads quickly its so easy and way faster then backcomb

dont try to get it too super tight either tight enough to stay but nit so tight they cant move and loosen and rearange

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dan B
@dan-b
13 years ago
58 posts
Thanks for that guys! I'll upload photos soon :-)Where can I buy dread soap or a natural alternative in the UK. I've read slot about Baking soda but I want to get all the tre semme pantenne type crap outta my hair. I'm all about doing this as green as possible.

soaringeagle said:

what kris means is seperate randomly when u do the rips so theres different hairs and ammounts of hairs in each hand every time and only retwist 1 outta every 5-10 pulls

thats about it ppl ive given a 2 minute explanatiin and they made beautiful dreads quickly its so easy and way faster then backcomb

dont try to get it too super tight either tight enough to stay but nit so tight they cant move and loosen and rearange

Dan B
@dan-b
13 years ago
58 posts
Scrap that I just discovered acv and bs with a little sodium chloride :-)

Dan B said:
Thanks for that guys! I'll upload photos soon :-)Where can I buy dread soap or a natural alternative in the UK. I've read slot about Baking soda but I want to get all the tre semme pantenne type crap outta my hair. I'm all about doing this as green as possible.

soaringeagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the baking soda acv should get ot all out theres a amazing bar in our shops here (in the menu under dread shops) called maylees garndens or u can use dr bronners (way diluted 12-1) but those both have probs with hard water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Meredith
@meredith
13 years ago
9 posts
Have fun starting your dreads! I got my friends to help with mine which got them just as excited as I was to get them. We made it into a dread and movie day. lol Can't wait to see how they turn out!
Dan B
@dan-b
13 years ago
58 posts
Thankyou! X

Meredith said:
Have fun starting your dreads! I got my friends to help with mine which got them just as excited as I was to get them. We made it into a dread and movie day. lol Can't wait to see how they turn out!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form