dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crochet recovery

Austin Ashley
@austin-ashley
13 years ago
11 posts

Hello,

well I started my dreads with backcomb and crochet ( i know ) and I haven't crochet since the start. Now I have 30 dreads and they're all about pinky or ring finger size, with a few exceptions. I've heard that once my dreads recover from the crochet, they will fatten up a lot. Is this true?

updated by @austin-ashley: 02/14/15 06:27:26AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
yes a healthy dread is the same size (roughly) as the root section ..once mature..crochet dreads are generaly 1/3 the thickness of a healthy normal dread thats why they get that wide root section skinny dread look

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Austin Ashley
@austin-ashley
13 years ago
11 posts
Oh ok I understand. but they will fatten up right ?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
yes to the size of the root sections

--
Austin Ashley
@austin-ashley
13 years ago
11 posts
ok thanks so much. I'm gonna have a few monster ones, theres a section in the back thats an oval shape and like 3 or 4 inches across o_O
Sey
@sey
13 years ago
2 posts

Once that section (the oval 3 to 4 inch in back) fattens up, you may wish to split it. Start from the scalp and work down. You MAY lose portions of some of the new sectioned dreads if you have to use scissors but they will grow back and dread up just fine! =)

Austin Ashley said:

ok thanks so much. I'm gonna have a few monster ones, theres a section in the back thats an oval shape and like 3 or 4 inches across o_O
Austin Ashley
@austin-ashley
13 years ago
11 posts
yrsh that's what I was planning on doing just in case they're a little to thick. I will probably end up doing that because I'm a bit "scalpy" around the large sections.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

damn thats like arm size...

at the shoulder even..

thats no root thats a tree trunk

--
Austin Ashley
@austin-ashley
13 years ago
11 posts

haha yeah I should lol its like 3 or 4 inches across and like 2 or three down, its a bit oblong, so it will most likely be split. I don't know though, maybe I'll want a big ol' dread!
soaringeagle said:

at the shoulder even..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

a dread that size canb cause painfull pulling, can take a week to dry is much more likely to mold will take extra special care to keep it healthy

any that are over an inch at the scalp i would comb out and turn into several dreads that 1 would be 5 big dreads 6-8 medium dreads..

probly 12-15 finger sized

Austin Ashley said:

haha yeah I should lol its like 3 or 4 inches across and like 2 or three down, its a bit oblong, so it will most likely be split. I don't know though, maybe I'll want a big ol' dread!
soaringeagle said:

at the shoulder even..

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form