Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey yall!

Meredith
@meredith
14 years ago
9 posts

I've been checking out some of yall's dread stories and am encouraged to keep my dreads. I've only had mine for about 3 months. I used the backcombing method with the help of my friend while out at school in Wyoming. I was alittle nervous about them at first due to the fact that it'snot your everyday hairstyle, but I'd become confident after a couple of days. College students are pretty accepting. I came home for winter break to Virginia where many are conservative and don't understand those who go out of the ordinary box. My dad is not the biggest fan of my hair and actually asked "will you bring your real hair back for me for Christmas?" He's used to me being somewhat different and still accepts me. :] Along with becoming a little impatient, I'd been contemplating over whether I should lose the dreads. Due to the fact that I love my dreads and after checking everyone elses dreads out, I've decided to keep them!

Does anyone have any tips on how to make them dread up quicker or is patience the only answer? Mine are starting to dread upa bit more in the back, but not on top.

updated by @meredith: 01/13/15 08:52:34PM
Meredith
@meredith
14 years ago
9 posts
So far, I haven't tried anything. I'll have to try it. Thanks!

Tim Sides said:
have you tried a sea salt spray? that speeds up the process a little
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts

sea salt sprays wool tam or wool sweatter on your pillow

and go play in the woods for a month or so

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Meredith
@meredith
14 years ago
9 posts
Sweet. Thanks for the tips! And believe me, if I could play in the woods fora month, I'd totally do it.

soaringeagle said:

sea salt sprays wool tam or wool sweatter on your pillow

and go play in the woods for a month or so

Meredith
@meredith
14 years ago
9 posts
Thanks a bunch!

Suzanne Beattie said:
Don't have any tips cos I'm totally new but your dreadslook amazing!! Had to check out your pics. :)
Meredith
@meredith
14 years ago
9 posts

Hahaha, but who doesn't like trees and dirt?! lol
Tim Sides said:
Lol..its only trees and dirt
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form