Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

homegrown dreadlock products

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
most of the dreadlock products you will ever need can be grown in your garden or indoors. there are many plants and herbs benificial to the dreading process.if you grow most of what you need you can purchase only sea salt and baking soda and teatree oileverything else you may need can be harvested in your gardenplants that can helppepermint thyme rosemary nettles lavander burdoc chamomile sagealoe vera yuccadepending where ya live some can be wildcrafted as well

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:26:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
forgot to mention ackee if ya live somewhere ya can grow it

--
Storm
@storm
12 years ago
36 posts

What do each of these herbs do? I know some of them already but I'm sure there's plenty on here who have no clue, it might be helpful to say what each herb can be used for (i.e. growth, softness, anti-itch, etc.)

I do know that rosemary, peppermint (since it has cooling properties), and apple cider vinegar are good for anti-itch.

Storm
@storm
12 years ago
36 posts

Also, Sage and Burdoc are NOT TO BE USED by pregnant women, or anyone who thinks they're pregnant. I'm not sure about during breastfeeding. Also, one must be very careful with burdoc because it resembles Belladonna/Deadly Nightshade which is extremely poisonous. I would not recommend wildcrafting this herb/root.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

burdoc resemjvbles beladona? do you mean 1st year or 2nd year i never thought they looked much alike

--
Storm
@storm
12 years ago
36 posts

i've come across it a couple times, I'm not sure if it's the root or the leafy part of the plant that looks alike between them. i'd have to look more into it. but it's worth noting since one is extremely poisonous

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well burdock goes through a 2 stage cycle the 1st year having giant leaves that are unmistakable duruing the 1st year its nearly impossible to pull out as the roots and stwem are really thick

but then the second year it comes back..looking like an entirely dirferent plant much smaller leaves thinner stem and a tall stalk from the tip along with these prickly seed balls that attach to everything (and can fuse all yoir dreads together intio 1 mass)

during this stage its much easier to pull up root and all and this is the harvest stage

--
Storm
@storm
12 years ago
36 posts

Hmm that's interesting. I'm not sure which stage they're similar.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form