dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Salon nightmare?

MC
@mc
14 years ago
5 posts
Hello,

I find it unfortunate that I find this site after getting my dreads done in a salon...
They wanted to perm my hair but I said no.
Instead, they back combed it and crochet my hair into pseudo-dreads.
I had my glasses off when they were doing it and it seems like the roots of my dreads are braided...

how would I go about fixing the root problem and the crochet problem?

sigh... why didn't i find this site earlier?
updated by @mc: 01/13/15 08:52:15PM
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
well the way i see it you have a couple of choices. 1 undo them....let em heal for a little while and start from scratch 2 use the sections that you got at the salon as a guideline undo each section and very very gently t and r it or better yet let those sections dread naturally.3 don't do anything, let them loosen up and go from there. There is a lot of information here about crochet recovery.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

sounds like they interlocked too maybe?

see salons always want to do the absolute worse things to u

there interlock if they did interlock u cant fix that

the crochet will most likely take several months to recover (from what others ghave experienced its about 6 months average

)

how much were u charged

join the crochet recovery group for tips orn recovering from crochet

threres a salon recovery group too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

hm reading other responces rqaw might be right the interlocking might be revdersable since it was days ago only if u can u should if u cant just hope for the best

i would call and complain and ask for a refund

--
MC
@mc
14 years ago
5 posts
Thank you very much for the help.
I'll be reading the forums for the crochet recovery.
I'll post up some pictures as soon as I can.

Going back to the salon, however, will be hard for me because it's very far from my work.
I used my vacation days to get my dreads so it won't be easy for me to go there again.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

another member last night took out his interlocking but he did comb his out entirely to start over

u can try just undoing it feediing them back through the gaps

i would at least call the salon tell themthey screwed u and that u want a refund and tell them that crochet and interlocking are very bad fir dreads and if theyre going to charge money for doing what nature does better on its own thery should at least learn a healthier less dammaging way to do it

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form