Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey all!

Kao Ganavi
@kao-ganavi
14 years ago
12 posts

Whats going on guys and girls? Well I've been on and off on this site back and forth reading and reading and finally started my dreads on 12/21/10. And finally made an account! AMAZING dreads I've seen so far. All shape and sizes. All the dreads I've seen on here are just fantastic!

Well, I'm just curious if you guys can judge my dreads so far. I have 48 total. I don't know if that's too much or too less but it seem like a good amount on my head since my hair are pretty thin. Some pictures are blow. I'm not yet done. I know it's not the best out there but, hey what can I say, it's my first time. Positive and negative feedback bout it will help a lot with me and my dreads. I'm trying to learn as I go, especially trying to crochet. ;)

updated by @kao-ganavi: 02/14/15 05:45:57AM
Bene
@bene
14 years ago
35 posts
they seem good just leave them alone and they will turn out just finei would advise you to stop crocheting and take the rubber bands of but thats just my opinionhowever congrats for deciding to dread
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

crochet was a very bad idea

crochet takes 6 months to recover from does extreme damage

its a very very bad way to start dreads

stop crocheting use twist and rip

u may want to unblunt the tips too

if you been reading here for months why would u crocchet after seeing all the problems with it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kao Ganavi
@kao-ganavi
14 years ago
12 posts
I just wanna learn how to crochet thats why I tried. Haha. But thanks for the advice. And I do take out my rubber band when I start on a new dread. Thanks for the comments! I appreciate it ;)

Bene said:
they seem good just leave them alone and they will turn out just fine
i would advise you to stop crocheting and take the rubber bands of but thats just my opinion
however congrats for deciding to dread
Kao Ganavi
@kao-ganavi
14 years ago
12 posts
I know. I started to notice it too. I don't know but people on youtube made it look so simple. I guess it's not as simple as i thought. And I tried the pull and rip method, my hair is like super soft. It didn't work unless I'm not doing it right. Also, I don't like the blunted tip. Is there any other tip I can do or can I just leave my tips normal. Cause my tips keep getting loosen every morning. I wore a beanie to sleep the night I started my dreads. A lot of people recommended it so I did. And thank you for the comments! ;)

soaringeagle said:

crochet was a very bad idea

crochet takes 6 months to recover from does extreme damage

its a very very bad way to start dreads

stop crocheting use twist and rip

u may want to unblunt the tips too

if you been reading here for months why would u crocchet after seeing all the problems with it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

p-pl on youtube are idiots

you realize they also jump off roofs light theyre croyches on fire

and all sortsd of stupid stuff

but leave the tips loose for sure

twist and rip takes practice to perfect

crochets just horrible thing to do to dreads

--
Kao Ganavi
@kao-ganavi
14 years ago
12 posts
thank you for the help and quick response! i will try the twist and rip today. and will the loose tips come together when it's ready?

soaringeagle said:

p-pl on youtube are idiots

you realize they also jump off roofs light theyre croyches on fire

and all sortsd of stupid stuff

but leave the tips loose for sure

twist and rip takes practice to perfect

crochets just horrible thing to do to dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
mostly they will but its better if the tips stay loose and dont blunt

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

but just as dreaducation

u see how they stick out stiff?

backcombing makes dreads stick up but they soon loosen enough to hang right (week or 2)

but crochjet makes them very stiff and that can last a long long time (up to 6 months slowly improving)

if u twist and rrip they hang loose looking right from the start u never have that clown look unless they are very very short

--
Kao Ganavi
@kao-ganavi
14 years ago
12 posts
thanks!

Tim Sides said:
on another note..not many people on here judge anyone, so if you are happy with them they are great.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form