Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads from braiding

Jevon
@jevon
14 years ago
5 posts

would it be wise to get my hair braided in singles they would be about an inch and half to 2 inches long braids and i was going to suuper glue the tips...in the long run as my hair grows from my scalp could i possibly be able to get some dreads like this...some help,info thanks

updated by @jevon: 02/14/15 05:40:47AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

nonono 1 super glue the tips? are u serius? are u white black other 1st of all

but no matter what the best way to dread is do nothing let it dread use no nothing in your hair..glue? why would u use glue

next the next bestthing would be twists or twist and rip based on your race

brraids can dread evebntualy but slow and they must be loose enough to fall apart and dread glue would keep them braided forever and u never wasnt anything like glue in your dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jevon
@jevon
14 years ago
5 posts

just for for the tips so the braids wont come out and im black and asian i use to have long hair and it was like black peoples hair but then i cut my hair bald after graduating school and now my hair is like course and my hair is weird....but woulod it be that bad to dab a little super glue on the tips and plus if id get them braded the braids would be about an inch and a half long so oncw my hair grows they braids that started out with would just dread up with the rest i think lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

if theres glue it will never dread braids are a bad idea also

why dont ypu go natural or do twist and rip and no glue no glue no nothing u do not want anything holding them in place if it holds them in place it prevents them from dreading

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

did you already add glue to your hair if so u have to cut that off also it will not dread till it gets longer no matter what u do its only an inch only nappy african hair will dread that short

oh wait your 1/2 black ok it might dread short can u post a picrure

but yea glue is very bad

u can twist it into sections then just let it dread

--
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts

i don't understand why you would put in braids if you wanted dreads..... and having your hair braided wll make the dreading process a lot slower. Only the new growth would dread, not the braids. you would have braids on the ends and dreads on the top....

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

yea in ordser for braids to become dreads thery gotta stop being braids so u might as well start with nothing cause the brasids have to unbraid to dread so why braid but if u glue they cant unbraisd so will never dread ever only the roots will..maybe in a year

the glue hasto be cut out now

u can use nail pollish remover to remove the glue but i dont know how safe that is but the glue wasnt to safe either

--
Jevon
@jevon
14 years ago
5 posts

yes i know the bottom part of my hair will be baided and it will stay like that but it wont be much noticable once my hair gets longer and longer and with the new growth i plan on twisting it or doing this

Jevon
@jevon
14 years ago
5 posts

actually i said the braids would be about an inch and half to 2 inches long son

soaringeagle said:

did you already add glue to your hair if so u have to cut that off also it will not dread till it gets longer no matter what u do its only an inch only nappy african hair will dread that short

but yea glue is very bad

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

oh god nooo that will make your dreads break off that is the dumbes t thing u van ever do well glue is too

but interlocking will cause them to break

u have gotten some very bad advice so lets start u out right

1 get the glue out unfo the braidss and then either do nothing or twist into sections then do nothing

then just wash and seperate and thats all

no glue no interlocking ever

Jevon said:

actually i said the braids would be about an inch and half to 2 inches long son

soaringeagle said:

but yea glue is very bad

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form