Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I've learned:

Kyle
@kyle
14 years ago
14 posts
There should be no technicalities with dreads. Other than cleaning with aloe plant and going swimming in the ocean, my dreads are forming themselves just fine. Time is the main ingredient. Appreciate your dreads because the whole process is wonderful and adventurous. Just some simple encouragement for any who stumble upon this and are concerned with progression, because I'm in the same situation :)
updated by @kyle: 01/13/15 08:51:44PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

ive learned that u dont even need to know u want dreads to get dreads all u gotta do is be too lazy to prevent dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kyle
@kyle
14 years ago
14 posts
I agree. I'd always have to comb out my hair cuz it'd naturally knot and my mom wasn't so fond of that..but noe that ice decided to just let them go..they have done just that

soaringeagle said:

ive learned that u dont even need to know u want dreads to get dreads all u gotta do is be too lazy to prevent dreads

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
14 years ago
411 posts

yeah my hair has dreaded since I was in middle school (my mother kept my hair very short until then) I hated my hair till I was about 22 then I finally enjoyed it but I'd have to use about a bottle of gel a week to keep it from fro-ing up. I have wanted dreads for about 6-7 years. I was never "allowed" in a relationship w/ an ex and then I kind of just dismissed it thinking it wasn't for me, I'd never have them, bla bla bla. Now I can thankfully and excitedly say I've began the journey and I love it, tho there are days when peeps say not so nice things about me and dreads I will laugh at them in the years to come when I am happy and only take 5 mins to get ready :P

Brandon Wolbers
@brandon-wolbers
14 years ago
9 posts
Ive found that my dreads had the mos progress when I was fishing in Mexico all the swimming in the ocean and the sea salt in the misyt air when trolling for dorado on the boat, good times
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

u also learnrd to never let a dumbass ex hold u back from what u want no ex is alowed to tell you what your allowed to do and if they dare to try then slap on that ex prefix and move on to a better guy

Shanxon Lemasters said:

yeah my hair has dreaded since I was in middle school (my mother kept my hair very short until then) I hated my hair till I was about 22 then I finally enjoyed it but I'd have to use about a bottle of gel a week to keep it from fro-ing up. I have wanted dreads for about 6-7 years. I was never "allowed" in a relationship w/ an ex and then I kind of just dismissed it thinking it wasn't for me, I'd never have them, bla bla bla. Now I can thankfully and excitedly say I've began the journey and I love it, tho there are days when peeps say not so nice things about me and dreads I will laugh at them in the years to come when I am happy and only take 5 mins to get ready :P

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
14 years ago
411 posts

Yes SE, I have learned a lot from that ex about what to not put up with and deal with, 6 years of wasted time, but a wonderful son out of the deal!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form