Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Four months of dreadlocks. Crochet Recovery

Aloha
@aloha
14 years ago
7 posts

Alright, just reached my four month marked and I'm loving my dreads but I hate the loose hair that's sticking out of my dread. It's been like this for awhile now. So for the people that don't know who I am, I started my dreads off with the crochet method then switched to 100% natural till now. Just baking soda/ACV wash and beach every other day

Here are pics of the loose hair that I'm talking about. I don't mind them when my hair is tied back, but when I look at them closely, i love/hate it... haha

Should I leave them alone, or can i trim them out? Cause I really don't think they're gonna come together with the dreadlocks. My hair is super straight!

I would really appreciate some advice from other crochet users and please tell me the secret to what you did? I don't mind crocheting them back in.

Also, don't mind the sand that stuck in my head. I had a crazy wipe out from bodyboarding the other week and since then I've been a sand head. haha

updated by @aloha: 01/13/15 08:51:34PM
Rockerbaby
@rockerbaby
14 years ago
27 posts

Crocheting them back in only makes them look good for a bit, but they'll pop out again anyway. AND it gives crocheters a bad name because everyone thinks we're OCD about it to begin with.

Seriously, it sucks hearing it... But I think time is your only permanent solution. That and a little aloe gel to make them look neater in the meantime.

I promise your dreads WILL suck in the majority of those loose hairs, but you should know that you'll always have some. The only dreads I've ever seen without loose hair were super waxed. It just comes with the territory.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

where are pics? dont look at them closely thats all u gotta do

do not crochet them back in unless u want to create even more

just leave em be

theyre getting better all the time

but hairs will always stick out theyre dreads not sticks dreads are made of hair gair sticks out its not solid

ignore em dont look so close

mine are 20 years old and have hairs sticking out everywhere

jonny cleans waxy messes every newb think are perfect when u look close are all loose hair with a waxy core

just leave em be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts

as already stated...it is just gonna take time. Your babies are only 4 months old. Hair is gonna stick out off baby dreads. They haven't had time to mature yet. It takes at least a year for them to even start maturing. Crochett recovery is not gonna happen over night. When your dreads are mature there will be less hair sticking out of the them. There will always be some. Dreads are like fine wine...leave them alone and they will age beautifully!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

the good news is that looks like normal loose hair not the broken hair id expect from too much crochet

so it will dread more normaly then the 6 month crochet recovery 1i expected

they seem to be doing fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rae
@rae
14 years ago
74 posts

Most of my dreads look like that! It's dreaded at the root, or somewhere along the dread, but no where else, and everything looks kinda stringy. I didn't crochet, and my hair is super fine and straight too, I'm also just about to hit four months. I've been feeling like they'll never dread in properly... But I think an important, and helpful thing is to look at other dreadheads' dreads, the majority DON'T look like our do now, so I'm thinking it'll be fine with time. (-:

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form