Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loose tips

Sunny Days
@sunny-days
15 years ago
11 posts
i have about 1.5 inches of loose hair on my ends on a few dreads. i used the backcomb method, and im afraid the loose hair will grow untill the whole dread just falls apart. the loose hair is really straight and not even close to being knotted up. my dreads are about 5 inches long with about 2 inches knotted up around the middle of dread. any tips to knot up ends?
updated by @sunny-days: 01/13/15 08:26:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
dont knot the endsblunted ends hold in water and are more likely to moldplus intentionaly blunted ends look fake and rediculouse..if they knot on theyre own that is fine but i wouldnt intentiinaly try tothe only ways to do it if u are dead set on it are all very time consumming and dammagingand like i said noy worth itoutta all mine i have maybe 5 that blunted on theyre own and they take 3 timnes as long to dry..water dint run out the endsjust leave em be they'll be fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
ya, nothing bad is guna come from having loose ends,if they wanna lock up they will eventually.personally almost all my ends r still relatively loose
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
loose tips look more naturalthey feel better too when brushing against yoir shoulders and backwater runs right out the ends so they dry fasterwhenever ppl ask for tips on dreading in almost all cases the answer will be just leaqve em alone they'll take care of themselvesthe only exceptuions would be if ya messed em up somehow, accidental congos wax..weakening over dryingjust relax and enjoy emif u really insist on blunt ends ysa can acheive it but i know a good number of ppl thst spendt tons and tons of time getting the ends blunt only to decide they liked em better loose and comb out the ends again

--
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
lolu oh I think I am in agreement with Jelly! Must be the full moon. :-)I like the way the tips look when they just flow like that. Plus when you backcomb it's impossible to knot the ends cause you have to have something to hold onto when you are doing it. Jelly said:
almost all of mine are the same. some even look like flames, kinda neat. but i am under the impression these will also wear away after many years and become less noticeable.

J
Sunny Days
@sunny-days
15 years ago
11 posts
k well i would say that about 2 inches of my dread is not knotted at all, just feels like my hair before dreads were put in. and then about 2 inches of my dread is knotted up. will the loose hairs knot up. i am not talking about blunted tips because it seemed that all the water got trapped indread and it sooner or later came out, so all my ends are loose ended. its just that some of my ends are significantly bigger and seem to never knot up. if half the dread is undone, will the loose hairs ever start knotting? and also are there any tips to get the loose half dreaded?
BrotherMat
@brothermat
15 years ago
11 posts
All of my ends are loose, everytime i try the clockwise rubbing on the palm trick to make em blunt, the hair just breaks apart and falls out of the dread, or they stay together for a while, and then when they get wet again, they fall outIts facked, so i just gave up and went on with the wispy ends
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
thats what i mean it takes way too mjuch effort and does way too much dammage to be worth it BrotherMat said:
All of my ends are loose, everytime i try the clockwise rubbing on the palm trick to make em blunt, the hair just breaks apart and falls out of the dread, or they stay together for a while, and then when they get wet again, they fall out

Its facked, so i just gave up and went on with the wispy ends

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form