Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i need some help...PAINT

mark the shark
@mark-the-shark
14 years ago
10 posts
hey everybody.. i have a small problem that maybe someone here can help with.. i dont have dreads yet i stopped combing my hair about 10 weeks ago and its starting to section, its only 6-7 inches long.. the problem is i was painting a room the other night and now i have specks of buttercream paint in my hair!! is there any way i can get these out without combing.. its been washed twice with BS/ACv.... any advice would be awesome thanks erybdy
updated by @mark-the-shark: 01/13/15 08:51:15PM
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
Err my mate got loads of paint in his dreads and the only thing that got it out was time :/ sorry dude i dont know any other way it came out on its own eventually. U could try and dye it lol :P
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
my husbands a dready painter and he get's paint in his hair sometimes. He usually wears an old tam or bandanna while painting to try to keep it out though. A few years ago he fell off a ladder and dumped a full gallon of paint in his hair in the process. It came out fine after a little while. Was it latex or oil based paint?? Oil based will not come out w/o using paint thinner, which i do NOT recommend pouring over your head LOL! Latex will peel off kinda like plastic but it will take time either way.
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts

when I get paint in my hair I put nail polish remover on a cotton ball and just go over each spot with it and it comes right out. This wouldn't work if you had a ton of paint in your hair tho

sourabh thakur
@sourabh-thakur
14 years ago
83 posts

yea do what Lex said.....pouring thinner over ur head is not recommended but u can definitely use thinner on the cotton ball and work it out....just make sure it doesnt get onto ur scalp. other thing u can prolly use is surgical spirit (Rubbing alcohol), we also use turpentine to get the paint off our hands but maybe it not a good idea to use it on hair, as it is quite toxic. hope u sort this out soon

cheers

Lex said:

when I get paint in my hair I put nail polish remover on a cotton ball and just go over each spot with it and it comes right out. This wouldn't work if you had a ton of paint in your hair tho

mark the shark
@mark-the-shark
14 years ago
10 posts

thanks everyone.. it is a latex based paint...ill pick out the "bigger" ones and let the rest fall off, its a bunch of little dots from roller splatter...

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form