Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Yet another dread story :P

Kris2
@kris2
14 years ago
43 posts
The first dreads i ever really noticed and thought looked awsome was when i saw the music video of Finger Eleven - Good Times. Drummer Rich Beddoe had dreads and thats what first made me interested in them. (on a side not its kinda ironic that i looked up and saw he was sponsored by knottyboy XD).So over the years i admired all dreads i saw, and spent this last year determined to grow my hair a bit longer (since i dont like the short dreads) and get some myself.And i actually stumbled across this site when i was trying to determine whether to use knottyboy or dhhq wax :S......... So this site save me from that mistake and has given me so much info on how to do and maintain dreads :) (kinda wish i found it a year ago so i coulda started natural back then, but my TnR locks are looking fine so i dont mind too much and i'll go that route next time if theres a terrible accident and i lose this set :P)So with that all said all thats left really is a big thank you to SE for making the site, and all the members i constantly see posting helping other. I look forward to chipping in to some discussions and having some good conversations.But to keep this post from not being just a story i'll ask a little question. Aside from online where would one go about buying a tam and beads? I checked out a craft store for the beads and i never really saw any that were big/long enough for my liking. (i live in canada so if you know the store names that would help, if not i can probably figure out what we have thats similar ;) ) TY :)
updated by @kris2: 01/13/15 08:51:11PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
beads i get at trade circle at gatherings tams same thing unless well alot of african street festivals like odunde (ugandan new year) or jamaican street venders some trendier cities might have a good shop or 2onlines the best place on this site in our members shopsi just got an amazing 1 made by a rainbow freind on facebook thats the best tam i ever hadand im wearing it npwbeads i can send u some if u make a donation to the site i got a bunch

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i tell ppl this all the timego to a junk yardlook in every car till u find 1 with a beaded massage seat cover snip the nilon threads holding it together and take a handful of beads..or but the whole seat cover for a couple bucks and get like 800 beads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kris2
@kris2
14 years ago
43 posts
Hmmm i live in Edmonton and i just went to Michaels 2 days ago to look for beads :P perhaps i'll go tomorrow to have a second lookAnd thats a pretty snazzy idea SE, if it wasnt cold id consider that haha
Beksta
@beksta
14 years ago
22 posts
I'm far, far away from Canada, but I just went to craft-type shops where you can get single or bags of beads, made sure the hole was big enough to fit over my locks, and voila! Managed to get all kinds of awesome beads this way...whole metal, metal filigree, wooden - plain and patterned. Also, when in thrift stores, I would occasionally find necklaces/bracelets that I'd harvest for the beads. Bought some of those metal wraparound thingeys on ebay. Just a matter of being creative...love the idea of car seat beads, SE ;D
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form