Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Will the frizz go away?

Katrina Randall
@katrina-randall
14 years ago
32 posts
I've had my dreads for 4 days (don't laugh)I used the twist and rip method and no products.How long will it take 'till the massive frizz goes away?Idk, I just don't like the way it looks.
updated by @katrina-randall: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
then dont lookfrizz will never go away but it gets alot betteru notice it cause u look at it too closely stop looking at itit will get worse b4 it gets betterbut by a year there wont be much at all but will always ne some learn to love it and accept it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
Well they'll seem really fluffy and frizzy at first, then they'll tighten in different spots and loop up, which isn't "frizzy" but is chaotic, then they settle down but you will probably still have some "loose hair" at all stages, but it wont look as fluffy/fuzzy as it does now, everyone's hair matures differently so can't say how soon it will settle down, but you can check out timelines and pics for guidelines and encouragement.
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
the frizz around each individual baby tnr dread, which i'm sure is the weird looking frizz you mean, will tame itself gradually within the next several months, so no worries. :) they just look kinda weird at first.
Kris2
@kris2
14 years ago
43 posts
mine looked 10x better after my first wash
Davis Tyler Tejada
@davis-tyler-tejada
12 years ago
1 posts

I've had mine for almost 3 years. Started with backcombing method and wax. Stopped the wax after 1st month, and started using crochet hook. Only recently have I stopped using that too. Just have a lot of loose hairs and frizz that makes me nuts! Wish I could find a way to tone down some of the frizz!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the crochet hook crates frizz by breaking hairs if u used it for 3 years you will have extreme frizz awhile you did extreme damage it will take a long time to recover from rthat abuse.. over a year use aloe vera gel from the plant and it will loosen up the extreme tighteness fr9[om crochet while taming the frizz

but

like i said u got at least a year or longer to recover

plus u should do wax removal too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Australe
@australe
12 years ago
60 posts

3 months into T&R followed by neglect. Super frizzy head but stuff is happening. Crazy loops forming and even some dreads locking together. Every time I wash my hair changes. Stick with it and let them be... or put a hat on

Arielle Vogel
@arielle-vogel
12 years ago
24 posts

aloe vera, try to get pure gel or get a plant and squeeze the juice out once in a while, it is safe to put on your hair its water soluble and washes out easily but it is also mostly absorbed by your hair so it wont leave much residue behind and it works just like any other hair gel with a mild hold to tame down the frizzies. its also a natural conditioner, iv been told you shouldnt condition your hair at first but it never seemed to do me any harm and if you dont want frizz aloe will help tame that said frizz with out doing any damage to your locks. it dosent have a strong hold so your loose hair can still move around and find its place. some have even said it helps heir to dread i dont know if it does but iv only had my locks for just over 2 months and they are almost all feeling "locked up" iv been usina aloe from the start at first i put it on after i would wash and now i add it to my shampoo, Kris is right they will look better after you wash em but sometimes washing can create frizz too, wich is a good thing cauz those hairs will move around and find their place. hope that helps.:)

Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form