Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Curiousity

Amadu Jalloh
@amadu-jalloh
14 years ago
7 posts
I was told it's best to start my dreads dry. So what i did was get them twisted without gel or clips. Now after 3 weeks this is now what it looks like i just want to make sure i'm doing what im susposed too and that it's showing some progress!!! Thanks in advance for any that could offer me any type of advice
updated by @amadu-jalloh: 01/13/15 08:50:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yup looks hine just leave em alone and make sure they stay seperated

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amadu Jalloh
@amadu-jalloh
14 years ago
7 posts
okay cool thanks.... now when can i re-twist em? or should i just leave them alone!
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
You've been a bit mislead Amadu, I don't know of anyone who has healthy dreads that started them with any kind of gel. That just sounds disgusting. And as far a re-twisting, don't. Twisting dreadlocks is an affective way of helping them form in super textured hair like yours, but it also puts a huge amount of strain on the roots. Hairs will start to break, your roots will end up thin, and eventually you're probably going to have dreads start to completely break off at the roots, then all your wasted time twisting will literally be a waste. Just let em do their own thing, they probably won't be perfectly smooth, shiny, and fake looking as many manicured dreads do, but they'll be yours and have character.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form