Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New at dreads, and need questions awnsered

Mike Miller
@mike-miller
14 years ago
32 posts
Hey, so im going on a month since i first started dreading. im currently back combing. i still have many lose hairs and they loosen up often. are these normal? im just asking because i dont really know.Thanks Mike
updated by @mike-miller: 01/13/15 08:50:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its normal but are u continually backcombing? u gotta stop backcombing should be done once only even if they fal;l apart completely u font rebackcomb just leave em alone to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mike Miller
@mike-miller
14 years ago
32 posts
Ya im still backcombing, so i shouldnt back comb?
challie
@challie
14 years ago
19 posts
i was freaking out about the same thing. i started sleeping with a tam on at night and its helping them get tight pretty fast. for the dreads that have gone completly straight in parts i took some embroidery floss and wrapped it just a little in that spot. it seems to help a little bit.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

dreads take time not work u absolutely need to stop backcombing and working on them do nothing and you wkill have great dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kyle
@kyle
14 years ago
14 posts
All normal . Appreciate the knots that have already formed or are forming. Quit backcombing your forcing knots which will be damaging. Trust in time. Your hair will healthily dread up in time don't worry so much about the now. Just know in a year you'll have locks formed all over and afterthat your dreads will keep maturing. I try nit to let my stray hairs bother me, but they are completely normal.. When the times right they'll knot into whatever they naturally are swayed towards. Good luck. Bless
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form