Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

frizzy frizzy dreads

Amber J
@amber-j
14 years ago
23 posts
So...I know i'm just starting off here and probably shouldn't even be concerned about this but I figured i'd give this a try just to learn a bit more about this dread process. My dreads were 2 weeks old on fri day and at this point they have been washed 3 times and are so so frizzy and puffy. My hair is naturally veryyyy frizzy and curly so this is typical for my crazy hair but my poor little dreads are getting lost under all this frizz. Is there any way to tame the frizz or will attempting to tame it, even using aloe, slow down the tightening process? Also, is this just a typical puffy stage and my dreads will eventually suck the frizz into them? Forgive me, im still learning :-/ Thanks in advance to all who answer, it means alot!
updated by @amber-j: 01/13/15 08:50:41PM
Valerie
@valerie
14 years ago
39 posts
mine are about 2 or 3 weeks also. i have the opposite hair as you, light and very straight and i still have a ton of frizz so im sure what youre going through is perfectly normal. just love them, no matter what. unless your dreadies are going through any real danger (mold, wax, gum in hair, etc) you should just completely stop worrying about them. you should actually just forget that you have dreads at all if youre really bothered by it. get a cute hat and put them up all the time and completely stop looking at them for the next 8 months. because dreads are a journey and as soon as you start to look at them like that instead of as a hairsyle, youll be golden. let your dreads become part of your soul.anyways heres my experience if you want to read it.... so i got dreads and the first week i went out and got a buncha headbands/accessories for my hair etc. and 2 weeks later, i never use them except for work to make them look more professional and maybe hats for warmth. but as soon as i clock out, that hair comes down and the headband comes out. im not really sure what caused the change but i think at first i saw dreads as a hairstyle that i could do really cute things with, but now ive realized that is not the 'style' that is so beautiful about dreads, its the freedom to let your hair do what it wants that is so beautiful. to me, theres just something magical about watching your hair form and mold into different shapes over time because its just being natural :) (oh how i wish id done the natural process, but oh well theres always the next set for that) right now me and you are going through loosening. they have to loosen up before they can tighten and thats the reason ur hair is behaving like it is. now you can be bothered by it and maybe try to cover it up if youd like or you can love your hair just they way it is every step of the journey and itll make waiting for the end result so much easier. anyways i think your adorable (not to be creepy lol) with all the frizz! hahaha try to rock some kind of weird style or something and thatll make it more fun. throw on a polo and pop the collar or something i dunno, if your hair looks goofy then make the rest of you match and dont worry what people think :)best compliment ive received so far: "hey whats up wit all that cool frizz goin on back there?"lol
Amber J
@amber-j
14 years ago
23 posts
Thanks for replying :) Oh i love my dreads, very much.. was just curious how typical this phase is. I have been using bandanas and scarves for work as well, for the same reason... and it also comes off right after work so they are more free. And thanks for the compliment haha, and luckily i dont really care what other people think otherwise id be ubber worried im sure ha. Im so excited to witness this process, its alot of fun so far, enjoy yours as well! And thanks again hun :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ya both are adorable and val im amazed at how quixkly your dreads penetrated youir skull and burrowed deep into yoir brain and soulalotta ppl take lot more time to get what u got in weeks

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amber J
@amber-j
14 years ago
23 posts
:) thanks...and yes shes quite insightful! I was thinking the same thing, i actually scrolled up to check if i had read 2-3 weeks mistakenly and she actually had written 2-3 yrs.lol
Valerie
@valerie
14 years ago
39 posts
haha i think i was supposed to be born with them. i think they were just what i needed to kickstart my 'valerie revolution'
KzMarie
@kzmarie
13 years ago
12 posts

im not really sure what caused the change but i think at first i saw dreads as a hairstyle that i could do really cute things with, but now ive realized that is not the 'style' that is so beautiful about dreads, its the freedom to let your hair do what it wants that is so beautiful. to me, theres just something magical about watching your hair form and mold into different shapes over time because its just being natural :)

quotes from: Valerie

Read more: frizzy frizzy dreads - dreadlocks forums http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/frizzy-frizzy-dreads#ixzz1MoZIJFBS
the best place for real dreadlocks no lies no products to buy just truth about healthy dreads
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

*~*~*~~*~**~~**~*

Pretty fucking funny!

Heylo. I realy like this and it has helped me! YAY thanks. heheeheheheh 6.6

I'm new, in fact lol I jus joined 2day.... With TONS of similes!!!!! c[ 3

Jackie
@jackie
13 years ago
78 posts
The day the frizz started to go away, so did all my length :) Sometimes I wish those puff balls were back, looking all messy and sexy and LONG haha.
Jackie
@jackie
13 years ago
78 posts

I miss the crazy frizz I had, but I'm loving every minute of my dread journey! (I do wish my short hair would grow enough to go in a poonytail though.) I never worry about how it looks because this is the best my hair has been my entire life! It's healthy and wild and I have a hairstyle finally, something I never had when I had long, boring straight hair. Ahhh, why didn't I dread ityears ago?! :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form