Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A compliment for me "Your dreads look awesome!!"

LillyPilly
@lillypilly
14 years ago
16 posts
Just thought I'd share this because it made me feel great.I've been making the transition from plain corporate chick, to "corporate dready chick" over the past month or so. I have struggled with finding my true self and feeling like I am some sort of a fake because I've added beads and a headband to my look.This has aroused curiosity at work with people checking them out. It's been a mixed bag of reactions, but the majority of people really like them with one colleague telling me on Friday that they look "awesome" and another, after having a feel saying "they feel so soft and light".I am so glad I didn't go down the waxing route. Being told they were soft and light and looking awesome made me feel so proud and happy. Soft dreads, light dreads, rather than icky sticky dreads that gloop up my hands every time I touch them, no thanks!.
updated by @lillypilly: 01/13/15 08:50:38PM
Beau
@beau
14 years ago
8 posts
Yay, I often wonder when people do say that if they have actually tapped into seeing a free spirit not completly so trapped into a social conformity, You know not your dreads look awesome, but 'You' look awesome, they see awesomeness itself, they see you being awesome.

complements always make you feel good.

I probably don't make any sence lol.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i always laugh when wax users say "my dreasds are so tight after a month theyre rock hard" and im like yrea..thats the point theyre not suposed to be hard..im so glad ive neveer had to touch 1 in my life haha but congrats on letting your inner awesomeness out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form