Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

want perfect dreads? perfectly round uniform neat and tidy blunt ends and no bumps?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
many people put many hours into creating "perfect dreadlocks", now this is understandable if your in a professional field that image is everything, however no matter how much energy you put into creating dreads that all look alike most find they love that 1 dread that misbehaves and becomes unique.with those who dont spend hundreds of hours trying to get perfect dreads they go through far less frustration over every little weird thing the dread does, instead they tend to have a fascination with the crazy changes.when dreads become more mature the weird things they do settle down alot, and both the maintainer and neglecter stop seeing every lil bump as something needing repair.and both groups no matter what they set out hoping for..wild and natural or perfectly uniform both groups tend to love the 1dread that grew the craziest..rebelled the most and had its own strong unique personalitywhat you think you want in the beginning is often very different from what you love years laterif you still think you want perfect uniform dreads without any unique personality we will try to give you optionsbut keep in mind..every option to manipulate the outcome , take it away from its natural course comes with the drawback of doing at least some dammage (with the exception of beading/wrapping)rubbing and rollingthese are generally thought of to be a myth, because they dont really do much, at least nothing much permanenthowever, if you do it excessively while damp eventualy there can be some somewhat permanent effectsit works best in damp hair, but damp hair also is dammaged more easilycrochettingcan create rediculously uniform neat dreads but with a lot of dammagethe dreads can be so uniform they look fake, just like a dreadwigbeading/wrappingbeads can take out kinks help round a bit, but may cause bumps above or belowwraps can make perfectky straight thin dreads but theyre unaturaly thin, and thicker near the rootspeyote stitches are possibly the best of both worlds being flexible easy to remove if need beif you need a neat professional look you can acheive it without going overboardjust styling the dreads neatly instead of insisting on uniforminitywrapping of dreads keeps them hidden and neat looking, wrapping with a uniform color like all black can be a neat professional lookyou can be freaky and fun on the inside while looking boring and professional on the outside

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 06:41:21AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
if ya wanna add pics of your crazy wild fun dreads u love most feel free

--
Cassandra Croswell
@cassandra-croswell
15 years ago
17 posts
I happen to like the way my dreads are becoming loopy and bumpy
sam
@sam
15 years ago
40 posts

taken last week
updated by @sam: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
thats exactly my piontso many start off thinking they want perfect straight round dreads then when they go wild lumpy and loopy thats when they truly fall in love with em..as soon as theyre unique Cassandra Croswell said:
I happen to like the way my dreads are becoming loopy and bumpy

--
BrotherMat
@brothermat
15 years ago
11 posts
I would just about say that my dreadlocks are peffect in every single way shape and form
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
mine are perfectly imperfectand its the imperfections that make them perfectly mine

--
BrotherMat
@brothermat
15 years ago
11 posts
soaringeagle said:
mine are perfectly imperfect
and its the imperfections that make them perfectly mine
word
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
do ya have a favorite dread?isnt it almost always the one that is fsarthest from whats concidered perfect? the craziest one that stands out the most and is the most unique? the lumpy bumpy twisty turny whacky lopy freaky frizzy one that when u started off u may have thought of as the boggest problem?

--
Shannon Rose
@shannon-rose
15 years ago
11 posts
hahaha...as a nurse, i was really trying for the tight, uniform look, but my hair is like me...noncompliant! i do, very much, love my lumps, bumps, loops, etc. i have one at the moment that resembles an ohm symbol. very cool.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form