Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Congo Crazy!

jessica acosta
@jessica-acosta
14 years ago
37 posts
So i have had my baby dreads for about a month and a half and now i have a lot of loose hairs and my roots are growing together and my dreads look like a giant ball of mess! I've read other posts about loose hairs being inevitable along with congoing but its almost to the point where i am always wearin my dreads in a pony tail. i would much rather wear them down and show them off. I tend to sleep on my back and my right side so those are the worst. My right side is full of loose hairs and the back is just congoing like crazy. I just want to know if there is anything i can do to take better care of my babies! :) -Jess
updated by @jessica-acosta: 01/13/15 08:50:26PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
seperate em and wear em down always being in a pony tail wuill cause em all to congo into..a pony dreadseperate seperate seperate and leave em to hang freeignore loose hairs who cares

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jessica acosta
@jessica-acosta
14 years ago
37 posts
Thank you! This site has been extremely helpful to me. There is a lot of bad information out there but I'm super stoked i found this place! Also, I shower every day so is it bad to get my hair wet every day? i only wash it with baking soda and tea tree oil once or twice a week but i usually end up getting them wet every day.
soaringeagle said:
seperate em and wear em down always being in a pony tail wuill cause em all to congo into..a pony dread

seperate seperate seperate and leave em to hang free
ignore loose hairs who cares
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
getting them wet won't hurt them ....but it is very important not to pull them up into a pony tail when they are wet.They need to be dry. Don't go to bed with them wet. It encourages mold and mildew to grow inside your dreads. Which can actually cause your hair to rot....and mildew stinks too. Baby dreads aren't as likely to get mold or mildew as mature dreads are but it is still possible.
jessica acosta
@jessica-acosta
14 years ago
37 posts
thanks! I dont ever go to sleep with them wet cuz i read that could happen. My main problem is all the loose hairs and congos. Im okay with the loose hairs now but i am a little upset as to how much my dreads have slimmed down. I was jus looking at pics i took about a week after i did em (profile pic) and i took some new ones today that ill get up soon. Theres a big difference when it comes to thickness. Will that thickness come back??
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dreads thicken up over time but backcombed dreads tend to look like puffy sausageshow big are the root sectionshow many dreads u got totalon average 20 or less are huge 2-50 mediumish 50-100 thin over 100 very thinand they thicken to the root section size in general

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jessica acosta
@jessica-acosta
14 years ago
37 posts
i have almost 50 dreads total and the roots are about 1 inch squares maybe a bit smaller. How long does it take for the roots to start dreading on their own?
jessica acosta
@jessica-acosta
14 years ago
37 posts
i have almost 50 dreads total and the roots are about 1 inch squares maybe a bit smaller. How long does it take for the roots to start dreading on their own?
jessica acosta
@jessica-acosta
14 years ago
37 posts
jessica acosta
@jessica-acosta
14 years ago
37 posts
idk why that posted three times lol
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form