Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dready head and a Fruitarian body = a perfect philosophical fit

Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
14 years ago
292 posts
Dreadlocks liberate us from the burdensome vanity of conventional culture. By allowing our hair to naturally become what it will become without the time wasting practices and harmful chemicals from "styling" we give our hair the freedom to be its strongest and healthiest it can be.A fruitarian diet; that is a diet consisting of at least 90% sweet fruit (by calorie) and at least one pound of leafy greens per day, is the same type of liberation for our bodies. When we honor our physiology and anatomy, we eat what nature provided for us in the form it was provided. Raw, fresh, ripe, organic fruits and young tender raw green vegetables are the elixir of vibrant life. We are liberated from the modern culinary complexities that waste our time and heavily tax our many bodily systems.Foods that are processed, cooked, refined, seasoned, and/or salted are like hair that has been brushed, treated, permed, hairsprayed, moussed, curled, and/or ironed.Natural hair,natural diets, natural joy; freedom.
updated by @didjeridurian: 02/14/15 05:37:14AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
very good post and when i move away from here and gtow my oown food im definately concidering fruitarian ..have wanted to for ..well as long as ive been vegatarian haha like 28 years i guessso its about timeand its about time u showed up again haha u gotta come by more often

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
14 years ago
292 posts
Always enjoy popping in when I can. I should be around more oftern. Now that I am traveling around the Americas on my bicycle I will have more time to see whats goin on around here.Where are you now SE? I'll have to swing through when I'm in your area. I head towards Conshehocken at the end of the week then its southbound toward FL. I have loads of great stops along the way.

soaringeagle said:
very good post and when i move away from here and gtow my oown food im definately concidering fruitarian ..have wanted to for ..well as long as ive been vegatarian haha like 28 years i guess

so its about time

and its about time u showed up again haha u gotta come by more often
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
norristown so not too far from consh just gimme a basic idea when you'll be ariund so i know ill be here

--
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
14 years ago
213 posts
hahahahhahaha this was a tight video, the dood in the middle looked like he was havin a pretty good time :D hahahhahah! good post, hope u've been well man
ɥɐɾʞǝqsɐɹ redeyedreadi
@qs-redeyedreadi
14 years ago
29 posts
What an amazing post! Thank you ever so much for sharing. :)
Jackal
@jackal
13 years ago
132 posts
i agree, our bodies only run as well as the fuel we provide for it. i just wish healthy foods werent so expensive to get. those of us living on food stamps having to ration every bit of food we buy, it can get really difficult to eat healthy. the most unhealthy, processed, freeze dried crap is so cheap while organics and wholesome foods are so much more expensive. Im guilty of not eating well myself, ive lived on a diet of tv dinners and frozen pizzas and pastas for years, but i do try to get some salads and fruits on a regular basis. one of my favorite things to get is blueberry / pomegranite juice (either one or both together), and i noticed at first all the antoxidants would give me bad headaches after drinking it. over time the headaches subsided, i guess your body can tell you if you're not very healthy by the reactions you get in response to healthy foods. its pretty interesting. i dont know what it is about crap food, but its very addicting and very hard to break away from
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

cook

throw the microwave away refuse to eat anything out of a microwave...or a package.. buy fresh veggies and fruites not prepackaged anything i know it seems cheap and easy to throw a microwave pizza in and have it in 30 seconds but ya wont even recognise that as food after cooking one from scratch (i mean dont even get opre-made sauces or doe if u cook from raw ingredients its actualy cheaper but what is expensive is organic pre made health foods so just make your own sure organic potatoes cost more then inorganic but arent inorganic fresh potatoes better then pre packaged gries with tons of preservatives and whatnot added shop at the local farms and fruit stands instead of larghe supermarkets with high overheads and dozens of employees jacking up the prices

--
Rae
@rae
13 years ago
74 posts
I totally agree with this! I live on a very tight budget, and while it seems easier to just throw a pizza in the microwave (which I am totally guilty of doing) some of the cheapest meals I eat are from scratch. Soup is SO easy to make, just take whatever veggies are in season/on sale, or go to the local farmers market for REALLY cheap, local and organic veggies, chop them allup, throw in some beans and whatever spices you feel like. TADA Soup! Vegan friendly, always healthy, and super cheap.

soaringeagle said:

cook

throw the microwave away refuse to eat anything out of a microwave...or a package.. buy fresh veggies and fruites not prepackaged anything i know it seems cheap and easy to throw a microwave pizza in and have it in 30 seconds but ya wont even recognise that as food after cooking one from scratch (i mean dont even get opre-made sauces or doe if u cook from raw ingredients its actualy cheaper but what is expensive is organic pre made health foods so just make your own sure organic potatoes cost more then inorganic but arent inorganic fresh potatoes better then pre packaged gries with tons of preservatives and whatnot added shop at the local farms and fruit stands instead of larghe supermarkets with high overheads and dozens of employees jacking up the prices

Lu A
@lu-a
13 years ago
66 posts

I'm curious about that as well.

What are the health benefits of cutting certain essential nutrients out of your system via a fruitarian diet?My family goes vegan, although we don't call it that it's called fasting but it's essentially the same thing, several times a year(right now being one of those times) for religious and spiritual reasons, but getting certain nutrients never seems like a problem. How do you get those nutrients with a fruitarian diet?

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form