Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

lice in dreads, help!!!

ekul
@ekul
14 years ago
6 posts
okay so im not sure how long ive had it for but i noticed a week ago.. i thought maybe using regular shampoo daily would just take it out but i guess not? still scratching.. im not trying to have anyone know like my family, so i dont know what i could do!! ive heard two things.. leaving something in my hair for 12 hours.. and someone esle only saying 13 minutes.. soo i have no clue.. this really sucks because i dont want to get them taken out! i have no clue how this happened, pretty embarrassing if you ask me, lol.. help!
updated by @ekul: 02/14/15 07:39:10AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
70% rubbing alcohol pour on head (bun up the dreads) then wrap in plastic to seal in the fumes(u might want a paper towel tube to breathe thriugh so the fumes dont overwhelm you too)wait as close to 1/2 hour as u can unrap rinse (the aldohol will burn but will sterilize scaratch wounds too)follow that by vinager rinse undiluted wait 10 min and rinserepeat this everry 3 dayswash everything u touch hats clothes sheets rugs everythingu gotta do this every 3 days for 9 or more daysu can also get neem seed oil add to your wwash (heat it to liquify)iafrter u gfet rid of them never go without teatree oil teatrre will prevent lice

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u can also do that with mayonese but thats yucky to get out of dreads and i dont think works as wellbut it stings less (i tried it and was extra itchy i thought they thought i tasted better with mayo..lol)dting your hair will kill em tootheres a dozen ways but the alcohol did it forme 1st try there were dead bugeds raining from my headare u suee u got lice not just dandruff from not washing?

--
ekul
@ekul
14 years ago
6 posts
yeah i heard my mayonese also.. ill do mayonese or the 70 percent alcohol way, i dont care which is the messiest, i just want them out!! lol.. i can do both in my bathroom without anyone noticing for half an hour soo thats good.. and yessss im 100 percent sure i have lice and not dandruff :(.. we dont have vinegar but we have apple cider vinegar, is that fine?.. okay so alcohol, leave in 30 mins.. rinse out.. vinegar, leave in 10 mins.. rinse out and im done? except repeat every 3 days.. gotcha.. my dreads are pretty weird.. ive have them for 4 years old i suppose? idk, stopped getting haircuts and stopped combing my hair after highschool in '06 and my hair just grew into dreads magically.. pretty nuts actually lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
totaly normal for dreads to form naturally and yea that will do the tricjk but u gitta avoid reinfestation or infesting others so wrap up ypir dreads or weatr a tam but wash it when u wash uor hairor u can seal them in sa plastic bag for 2 weeks if u have enough hats to rotate emanything u seal up for 2 weeks they wikll die without being able to eatand yea apple cider vinagers perfect

--
ekul
@ekul
14 years ago
6 posts
yeah its nuts because i didnt not single thing to my hair, no twisting or anything.. i just wash my hair like regular hair everyday, like with shampoo, somethings with conditioner if im not lazy lol.. blow drying is a bitch but i guess cause my hairs so thick lol.. but yeah im probably gonna try this tomorrow morning cause i really dont wanna cut my hair!!.. how long do i need to do this treatment for? im really glad theres a solution! thanks!.. heres the most recent pic of me haha.. http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/crptopsy/?action=view&current=SAM_0059.jpg
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
nice dreadsmine formed the same way but bnot conditioned africanh hair loves conditioning and still dreadsafrican hair usualy is very resistent to lice naturally so its surprising but not unheard of idd guess yad have like a 70-80% resistence so are far less likely to get emdoesnt effect getting rid of emj at alluse it at a very minumjum of 3 times over 9 daysthe lice lay eggs at 5 days old and the eggs hatch in 5 days so if u break that 5 day cycle u kill the whole colonysome might get by so u might need to go beyond the 9 daysi ended up adding the neem seed oil to be sure i got em all

--
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
you can't just get rid of them that way......you have to check everyone in the household.....they could have lice too and give it right back.....furniture has to be treated....carpets vaccumed( bags thrown outside in the garbage after) sheets clothes blankets .....everything washed and dried in a hot dryer....anything cloth (like stuffed animals)that can't be washed needs to be put into plastic bags ...tightly sealed and put away for 30 days. if you don't you are just gonna catch them again.
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
all it takes to catch head lice is to hug someone that has head lice...or to put your coat on a hook with someone with head lice or to sit in a cloth chair that someone with head lice has sat in. Putting on a hat or sleeping on a pillow that someone with head lice worn or slept on. Children are the most likely to spread it. If you have lived in a house with other people and have head lice for at least a week....chances are everyone in the household has it. If you kill the lice on your head and the house is not treated and the household members are not treated you are just gonna get them back.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well being african smerican they have some resistence so its not guaranteed they all got it but your right about the hiusealso very common way to get em the bus seats and the earphones at record stores

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form