Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Essential Oils Not Working Very Well

Nick Marks
@nick-marks
14 years ago
16 posts
Hey guys, i recently bought some peppermint and rosemary essential oils. been experimenting the last few days with them to try and find the best combo, but to little avail (so far)so atm im putting these concoctions into a spray bottle and spraying it onto my scalp in the showerBS Wash - 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda (5ml) : 400ml (13.5oz) Water : 5 Drops Peppermint : 12 Drops Rosemary - Letting this sit for a few minutes then rinsingACV Rinse - 50ml ACV (1.69oz) : 350ml (11.83oz) Water : 3 Drops Peppermint : 6 Drops Rosemary - Letting this sit for 1 minute then rinsingFollowed by a cold water rinseUsing these dilutions, i still get itchy the next day which usually causes me to wash the day after (so im washing every other day at the moment). Im still getting scalp pains when i sweat.Im thinking the peppermint could possibly be too drying at 6 drops so maybe i should cut it down? i was also thinking i could add some teatree? would this help or just add to the drying? could anyone shed some light on this issue? Thanks :)
updated by @nick-marks: 01/13/15 08:50:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
teatree is good id use like 1/3 as much as rosemary how long u let the bs soak? also seems like u make the bs very weak
its usualy 1 tablespoon per 8 oz cup i think
so your making it like 1/4 as strong
ofcourse ppl dont bother measuring so precicely either
just pore and mix its not a chemistry experiment where u need to be exact to the grain

i use more when i feel my scalp needs it or less when its already in good shape when i wash
so ytu doubling the bs and add teatree

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nick Marks
@nick-marks
14 years ago
16 posts
Yeah i might double the BS next wash.. however from my experience so far, the stronger the baking soda, the worse my scalp gets :S lol. but i will still give it a go next wash.. im gonna buy some teatree too and give that a whirl..

the only thing that seemed to work well was a very concentrated mix of ACV (before i had this set of dreads) @ like 50% water 50% ACV, but this is Wayyyy to conditioning so its really out of the question at this stage of my journey (3.5 months in) oh and i let the BS soak for a few mins - like 1 or 2
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
try 10 min

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
There is a period of adjustment when you go poo free...
Nick Marks
@nick-marks
14 years ago
16 posts
ive been poo free for 1.5 years now
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form