Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Using honey as bad as wax?

Brick Layer
@brick-layer
14 years ago
15 posts
So I've read that using wax is really bad but is honey as bad as it or better? I got nappy hair and i want to have dreadlocks around 12th of January and i recently cut almost all my hair off so i want dreadlocks asap.
updated by @brick-layer: 02/14/15 05:40:53AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
anything sticky is badu want haitr to be cleanthere was a couple with sticky honey dreads hiking in the woods who were eatten by a bearnow in the city u wont be attacked by bearskist bees flies and waspswhy would u want sticky dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
dreads form by hair rubbing around and knotting with other hair...honey would keep that from happening. honey would wash out but wax doesn't.but still sticky hair doesn't mean dreads. Dreads don't happen over night. There is no way you could have healthy mature dreads in a month and a half. If you mean by "nappy"... that you have african curly kinky hair ...then your hair is gonna dread way faster than straight fine hair!!!!! You said you recently cut it all off...is there enough hair left to dread?
Brick Layer
@brick-layer
14 years ago
15 posts
argh thought it would be an option isn't honey supposed to be good for your hair? I want dreadlocks asap last time i tried with neglect it didnt go too well becasue if i sleep my hair becomes flat at the back of my head so it's really only the top of my hair that dreads. And i cant either twist my hair that good without wax or something because it wont stick as good
Brick Layer
@brick-layer
14 years ago
15 posts

taye said:
dreads form by hair rubbing around and knotting with other hair...honey would keep that from happening. honey would wash out but wax doesn't.but still sticky hair doesn't mean dreads. Dreads don't happen over night. There is no way you could have healthy mature dreads in a month and a half. If you mean by "nappy"... that you have african curly kinky hair ...then your hair is gonna dread way faster than straight fine hair!!!!! You said you recently cut it all off...is there enough hair left to dread?
right now nope it's still too short but i think in about 10 days ill made be able to use my wool hat to form very very tiny twists if im lucky
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
naglect dreads willk work but start at 1 point and spread u wont get dreads everywhere right awayif u waited another month u woulda been fineu can twist with aloe vera but again they will need to move and such to dread so holding isnt what u want u want them just to stay togetger but free to movea bead will be besthonety as a shampoo adative may help prevent balding or somethingbut as a straight addative clogs pores gunks up the dreads and attracts bugswhenits in a shampoo its a very small amount thats not gonna make u sticky

--
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
i have real straight fine hair....so my personal experience is gonna be different than yours. I highly suggest looking at Dreadlockedlady's pictures. She has beautiful dreads. and her texture is more like yours. It can give you a visual idea of what your dreads can look like over time. Don't put time limits on your dreads. Dreads kinda happen at their own pace.
Brick Layer
@brick-layer
14 years ago
15 posts
ok thanks for the reply guys.This is what i plan to do.Im going to wait to around 1 month so that my hair can grow longer and so that i can twist it somehow and only use very little honey to only lock up the ends because before i shaved my hair i attempted to twist my hair myself with no products and i could almost but it wasn't sticking because my hair isn't soft enough. And from when I've twisted my dreadlocks which will be the 10december i got about 1 month holiday so i will be able to spend most of days at home my hair will grow even longer. Because before i cut my hair it was hard for it to dread because it got flat to easy but even with my short hair now it dreads like crazy.
Brick Layer
@brick-layer
14 years ago
15 posts

Brick Layer said:
ok thanks for the reply guys.

This is what i plan to do.

Im going to wait to around 1 month so that my hair can grow longer and so that i can twist it somehow and only use very little honey to only lock up the ends because before i shaved my hair i attempted to twist my hair myself with no products and i could almost but it wasn't sticking because my hair isn't soft enough. And from when I've twisted my dreadlocks which will be the 10december i got about 1 month holiday so i will be able to spend most of days at home my hair will grow even longer. Because before i cut my hair it was hard for it to dread because it got flat to easy but even with my short hair now it dreads like crazy.
forgot to add that after i twisted them i will only twist them once if it's necessary if not i will carry them on via the neglect method. And if my hair get fruzzy how should i solve it?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok but having dreads in a month is alot to expect i mean its possiblebut dont expect too muchif u are sure u wanna use honey hardly use any and wash it out thoroughly when u canits not as bad as wax cause it comes outbut its not as goods as nothing cause its sticky

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form