Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I really have no idea what im doing!

Raw Bohemian
@raw-bohemian
14 years ago
3 posts
Hey there!Well ive always wanted dreads and i have finally decided to go for it. I went to an african salon and they 'locked it' by putting in gel and twisting it. I know this isnt real dreading and i am a bit dissapointed alothough its kinda good because at least this way i can decide if i like them (i do!!) and if i didnt i could wash it out.So yeah, i love them but want proper dreads so i was thinking next weekend washing my locks out and dreading them properly. I saw a girl on youtube who used a crotchet hook? and her dreads look great but ive read here not to use that way. Id like to try the backcombing method but i heared for them to lock properly, that you need to put wax in it, but i dont want to do that. Ive tried the neglect method...well i just didnt brush my hair for ages but that did nothing.Id love some feedback from you experianced dread heads :Dthanks x
updated by @raw-bohemian: 01/13/15 08:50:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
nonono never crochet neverr go to a salon in fact demand your monet back tell thenm that twists in gel only work in african hair and they have no right doing dreads if they know nothing abiut doing dreadsnever use wax eitherwhen u tried neglect what were u washing with and how?if u want to try neglect again we can help u suceedif not then use twist andf ripthen let em be natural from there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raw Bohemian
@raw-bohemian
14 years ago
3 posts
Thank you for your quick reply.with neglect i was washing with shampoo and conditioner from a place called lush.u hair waved nicely but was always silky so i need to not condition it!Well my 'dreads' are an experiance, and atleast they are not too perminant if my boss doesnt like them! I just wish i had done it myself though. I tried twist and rip and nothing seemed to happen, but i'll have to experiment!thanks for your advise

soaringeagle said:
nonono never crochet neverr go to a salon in fact demand your monet back tell thenm that twists in gel only work in african hair and they have no right doing dreads if they know nothing abiut doing dreads

never use wax either
when u tried neglect what were u washing with and how?

if u want to try neglect again we can help u suceed
if not then use twist andf rip
then let em be natural from there
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
conditioners prevent dreads thats whattheyre forstrip the hair of conditioners wash with bakingsodause sea salt sprays i bet u anything they dread naturaly beautifulyno methods gonna work if u keep conditioning

--
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
backcombing does not require wax...that was started by companies trying to sell products. Wax actually keeps dreads from forming. it is nasty stuff...i am glad that you do not want to use it. look at the top of the page...directly under Dreadlocks forums.... read the dreading methods...that should give you all the information that you need to start your dreads.
Matt8
@matt8
14 years ago
11 posts
Get your money back from that salon the same thing happened to me they told me I was Locing I walked around school for a week with braids, It wont work if you're white with straight hair.
Raw Bohemian
@raw-bohemian
14 years ago
3 posts
thank you for the replies! im washing the locks out today and will start drying it out and see what happens :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
when the wax is out u can do nothing and they will dread naturallywith wax in u gotta rub roll rub poke twirl twist roll and go through 20 steps just to acheive a candle not dread

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form