Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Progress after shrinkage, and loose hair

tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
My dreads have formed very quickly, considering the very thin, fine and straight hair I have, and there's no mistaking them for just messy hair now, I get loads of complements on my dreads from passers by and less criticism from those ignorant about the natural stages dreads go through, and some of my more vocal friends have finally referred to them as dreads (though at any stage of forming I consider them dreads).Anyway, I went through a shrinking phase, and it seems almost done (though a few dreads have yet to fully tighten and shrink) and I noticed some of the extra loose hair that fell out as a result of congo ripping have been hanging around and sticking up whenever possible.When I first started my dreads I grabbed rough sections, because I didn't want straight lines or parts, I wanted it to look more organic so to speak, and that is fine, they are various shapes and sizes, however from congo ripping and due to my random method of sectioning I have little tiny sections that don't hang out with the rest of the dreads, and wouldn't really fit into a nearby dread comfortably. They are small sections, maybe a centimeter by a centimeter in no specific shape, and about 3-5 inches tapering in legnth due to their ripped origin. I'm wondering what would be the best way to deal with those? I can't really blend them into a current dread, none nearby seem suited, and they don't seem to want to integrate, and I have them all over, but the pic is mostly of on top cuz it's easier to see them there. Currently I just kinda tnr a few days ago, and they just fell out and did nothing. I want them to become little dreadies or something, but think they need time to get longer, so I was wondering if it would matter if I braided them temporarily so that they have time to get longer without being pulled into a dread only to be ripped out again during congo separation? If so how can I get them to stay braided, they're super small, and I don't have any tiny rubberbands to put them in.I don't mind the loose hairs, but they like to stick straight up away from all the dreads most the time so I'd like to do something to keep them together without them re-congoing. They're way too small for backcombing, but the way my dreads are separated I think that as I pull apart more congos they will have more buddies joining them that don't fit in surrounding dreads very well, and will get thicker.(in pic I have a few already braided, but these tiny braids come loose pretty fast) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
updated by @tatyananashi: 01/13/15 08:50:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well let me say thisi had been using alotta conditioning oilde for a couple monthslast week i stopped and added some sea salt to me baking sodaa week 2 sea salt soaks and bamnim finding at least a dozen lil baby dreads all overwait moreseems like a new dreads in between everry 1 i did any seperating on in the lasy t yeari got new dreads everywhereso add sea salt to the baking sodas wait a few weeks and see if u dont get new dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
do you think that small of sections of tiny hair can dread? I have probably 15 little things like this all over...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ofcourse it canyoud be amazed at how tiny a dread can beit might be better to dread thenattach to 1 if u dont want a dread literaly the thickness of the letter l on your screenbut i had 1 that size 4 feet ling that was a confgo of 2 together haha then now joined a bigger congo

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
how much sea salt do you add to your bs wash?

soaringeagle said:
well let me say this
i had been using alotta conditioning oilde for a couple months
last week i stopped and added some sea salt to me baking soda
a week 2 sea salt soaks and bamn
im finding at least a dozen lil baby dreads all over

wait more
seems like a new dreads in between everry 1 i did any seperating on in the lasy t year

i got new dreads everywhere

so add sea salt to the baking sodas wait a few weeks and see if u dont get new dreads
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form