Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
Hello Shane :)I did some back combing to start some of mine too. Palm rolling doesn't do much...and if you do it too much it can break the hair and really damage your dreads. Throw the rubber bands away....they are evil. They break your hair....leave indentions and keep the hair around the bands from moving around and dreading. Seven months ....you should be really be getting somewhere now in the dreading process. Would love to see some pictures. :)
updated by @taye: 11/02/15 09:57:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea welcome but never put rubber bands on dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
lolmy pictures suck....i only have my phone too. I swear one day I will invest in a digital camera
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i hope u got those eleastics out how long did u leave em in?

--
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
if you feel the need to put something on them...find a pretty bead. 7 months ....no reason at all to have rubber bands on your dreads.
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
for the first year ( sometimes longer)( well actually forever) your dreads need to move...loosen up ...tighten up...loosen up. Rubber bands hinder that process..let them do their thing. Don't try to control them with rubber bands. The beauty of dreadlocks are their little bumps..lumps and crazy loops...as time goes on....it all gets eaten up in the dread anyway. And then you have new lumps and loops at the roots lol.
updated by @taye: 07/13/15 11:50:36AM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Rubber bands = one of the worst inventions not made for dreads ever to be used in them! lol! Others include crochet hook, latch hook etc...
seriously though take them out they are hindering your progress at 7 months or 0 months they will mess your dreads up. Especially if you have a couple in each dread!! eek! Lotsa horror stories about them getting pretty nasty in your locks. Too much risk, no payoff.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i never put ruber bands in mine ever but i used to use those wide big ones that fit twice around your wrists i used those to tie my dreads back b4 they were long enough to use a dread and a old rasta on the streets yelled at me on the streets for using it..lol

--
Natty Dave
@natty-dave
14 years ago
56 posts
they look good man; and good luck on oaksterdam, we're considering a similar course of action
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
awesome! your dreads will thank you! Keep us updated with pics! :o)

Shane Reinke said:
They are all out now,I took them out lastnight,and today my dreads are looking great! Better then they ever have actually. :-)

I'm glad I took them out though.thanks for the advice :-)

NaturalWomyn said:
Rubber bands = one of the worst inventions not made for dreads ever to be used in them! lol! Others include crochet hook, latch hook etc...
seriously though take them out they are hindering your progress at 7 months or 0 months they will mess your dreads up. Especially if you have a couple in each dread!! eek! Lotsa horror stories about them getting pretty nasty in your locks. Too much risk, no payoff.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form