Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Which came first, the hippie or the dread?

Cargo Chick
@cargo-chick
14 years ago
28 posts
I started out wanting dreads because I had seen all the cool videos on crocheting and how tight and manicured it looked...then I did it (with extensions) and it just felt wrong. So I decided to do it with twist and rip.Suddenly I find myself using more natural products. Bought handmade soap for my dreads, used it on my whole body! Finding my acne is clearing up too! Now instead of dying my hair with chemical products, I'm drawn to henna! I find myself browsing aluminum free deodorants on etsy!I'm not showering as often as I was before, and I still don't stink! Recently there was an article in my local paper on people who don't shower. They get what they need from a wash cloth. One girl said that there has never been a time where we needed to shower less, but we've never showered more! How true! Our lives are so sterile, and yet we feel the need to wash every inch of our bodies once, sometimes twice a day!I just can't believe how dreading my hair has changed my outlook on life. I'm loving it!
updated by @cargo-chick: 01/13/15 08:49:59PM
Cargo Chick
@cargo-chick
14 years ago
28 posts
Definitely agree that if you need to shower, do it! lol I lived on the island of Okinawa for two years...and I had to shower at least twice a day there! Of course, not only was it the weather, but I was aircraft maintenance in the military so I got all greasy and sweaty. lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
showering daily is only worthwhile when u have someone to shower with

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Fay Brotherhood
@fay-brotherhood
14 years ago
59 posts
I love having a good shower.... Even if I'm not washing my hair or using any soap or anything......... I just love the daily ritual of standing in a lovely warm shower, especially when i'm hungover..... Like now :P Plus i believe the drying process helps my baby dreads knot up some more......... I think Maxe might be on to something there.... I personally have never been particularly girly and I own bugger all beauty products/moisturisers etc etc etc, and even if I do buy them I use em a couple of times and forget about them..... I've never done any kind of pampering regime to the horror of my mum and sister lol...... And I'm 26 and people allways think I'm around 19.... I get ID'd loads and I LOVE it :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form