Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question about t&r

Leo
@leo
14 years ago
18 posts
Are baby dreads that are twisted and ripper supposed to look like a twp part braidmeaning two diffrent group of strands iguess // ) woth lots of loose hairs?
updated by @leo: 01/13/15 08:49:48PM
Leo
@leo
14 years ago
18 posts
Ripped* two* with*
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they can till u get the technique down better

tips
twist once rip 10 times betweeen twists
tip 2 every seperation and rip devide the sections differently ripping in diferent directions makje it very random so like 10% in 1 hand 90 the other next rip 75-25 next 40-60 just dont do it in 1/2 every time on the same angle

also i hear b4 u retwist u should let go, let it fall out straight then regather it and retwist it

and when its dont it dont matter if it looks braided as long as it holds together in a couple weeks it will be dreaded not braided

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts

absolutely! here is one of my dreads at 1 month, and then another dread that was 3 months. in time the loose hairs lay down on top of the twisty part. they end up wrapping around and pulling loops and bubbles back into the dread. my dreads are 5 months old now and look totally untwisty for the most part. they will also get WAY fatter. so don't worry if they look thin. the 3 month old dread in the picture is at least twce the size in now. as long as it's not going to unwind and come undone, you're good. most of mine were twisty looking, and i never ever had any come loose on me so i wouldn't worry about correcting your technique.
updated by @jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
eggzacktlycorrecting the technique will just make the 1st couple weeks look prettier but wont matter 1 bit in the longer run

--
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Wait is the one on the left the TnR and the dread on the right 3 months?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
both are tnr 1 is new 1 old

--
O'Callaghan
@ocallaghan
14 years ago
57 posts

JESSICA EVA said:

absolutely! here is one of my dreads at 1 month, and then another dread that was 3 months. in time the loose hairs lay down on top of the twisty part. they end up wrapping around and pulling loops and bubbles back into the dread. my dreads are 5 months old now and look totally untwisty for the most part. they will also get WAY fatter. so don't worry if they look thin. the 3 month old dread in the picture is at least twce the size in now. as long as it's not going to unwind and come undone, you're good. most of mine were twisty looking, and i never ever had any come loose on me so i wouldn't worry about correcting your technique.
Awesome jessica! My tnr dreads are only about 3 weeks old, and I knew that they would look less woven as time went on, but that pic is a great illustration of the change! Thank you! :D
updated by @ocallaghan: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form