Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Begining in a few days. Have some questions.

Julia Katherine Freitas
@julia-katherine-freitas
14 years ago
28 posts
I will be dreading in the next couple of days. I have a few questions. What should I wash my hair with the few days before I start. Where can I get it. How much is it. What should I use the first few weeks? And any other tips for the first month.
updated by @julia-katherine-freitas: 11/13/15 02:51:01PM
Julia Katherine Freitas
@julia-katherine-freitas
14 years ago
28 posts
THANKS!!!!!!!<3
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
strep 1throw away your combstep 2 wash with baking soda or any old non residue non conditioning soapstep 3 seperate and sections that try to eat eachotherstep 4 waitstep 5 show off your amazing dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Julia Katherine Freitas
@julia-katherine-freitas
14 years ago
28 posts
Thank you guys for all of your help and support!
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
Dreads will look amazing on you!! Choose the method that is right for you. The neglect method is obviously the healthiest. but not everyone has that much patience. I personally have a hodge podge of different methods on my head. Read about them here on this site and choose which method is best for you. It takes a long time for dreads to form no matter what method you choose. Also look at the pictures and get an idea of how thick you would like yours to be. Some people like thick other people like thin.Dreads don't have to be washed as often as loose hair but the knotting happens better on clean hair. oil hinders the knot. The BS works really well for me...but it doesn't work for everyone. If you decide to use shampoo make sure it is residue free...and that it washes out completely. And has no conditioners. Conditioner is not a baby dreads friend. Also make sure your hair is dry after wash it before you pull it up or cover it with a scarf or hat. Putting damp dreads up encourages mildew. Mildew and mold is more of a concern in mature dreads but it is good to start out using good habits.I am glad you decided to start them !!! You will love them.
Julia Katherine Freitas
@julia-katherine-freitas
14 years ago
28 posts
Thanks friend!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how are u planning on starting

--
Julia Katherine Freitas
@julia-katherine-freitas
14 years ago
28 posts
T&R. I am waiting on a friend to help. We are having a "dread julias hair party" lol It is going to be fun :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
make a video :)

--
Julia Katherine Freitas
@julia-katherine-freitas
14 years ago
28 posts
I probably will