Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

free forming

aakifa
@aakifa
14 years ago
15 posts
salaam every 1 ^_^. ive just started here but ive had my loks for a good yr and a bit over. any way, ive been having a few chat and am now considering to continue my dread up keep with the free-forming method. I`ve never looked into this before sooo i really havent any idea about this method and how the dreads act afterwards. any advice? =D
updated by @aakifa: 01/13/15 08:49:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its organicly beautifuli can tell u how they act from the start but since yours are already mature and your just begining to let them do theyre thing what u will see is new growth typicaly growing into dreads sometimes combining them but if u seperate them it causes fuzz between the dreads that will rejoin or..become a nrew dread if theres enough it fills in gaps between themu can let them combine and become thicker toou willsee a more organic textr=ure emerge expeciakly if they freeform from babies as they go through stages as they develop forming loops and buds that suck in and become unique featuresu can look at my pics ive never done nothing but seperate and havent even done that in 3 years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
aakifa
@aakifa
14 years ago
15 posts
oww ok ill check out yur pix. my hair is so thick tho im afraid itll be so puffy like i have a fro under my dreads. and my scalp at the crown easily feels irritated when i have all that loose hair but i think its because when its loose like that i mess with it so much. ill see if i can deal with it. i wana try it but i think itll take me a while to get use to all that loose hair i have at my crown. maybe if i find something for my irritable scalp itll be easier to deal with.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
mine at 18 years (20 now)

close up of the texture (odvio9sly your african textured hair will vary but u can see how they gain personality)

better pic
_

another example now the tight curls u got will make them smoother in general

its a softer more organic look

wait ill find some africabn dreads in vids
they are total freeform without ant seperation
now im guessing that youd want to seperate
also no seperating but they just didnt get so crazy
only 3 months old but forming amazingly they are in the teen stage

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
aakifa
@aakifa
14 years ago
15 posts
thnx for the linksyes id want to separate but i think maybe sense mine are started already i wont have as much bush as he does because its kinda already a bit organized(my dreads). i think im gana go ahead and leave it then and let it free form i think its gana take a lot of will power tho
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
it might ppl get addicted to doing things butwhen u realize how freeing it is to do next to nothing u will wonder why u ever did anythingand yea he let his do anything it wanted from the start so they started growing together from the beginninghes got vids here from 3 months on

--
aakifa
@aakifa
14 years ago
15 posts
oww ok kul. im excited to see how theyll turn out ^_^ yay. thnx for di advice habibi
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form