Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Keeping them dreads covered

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
So to avoid or help prevent breakage/pillow lint getting iny my hair i currently use a...satin fabric night cap when i go to sleep at night. Thing is, its not designed for too long of hair. So what if anything do ya'll use to keep the dreads covered at night? Are there any products out there that are designed with longer hair in mind? Cause...somehow the idea of tying a damn satin pillow case around my head at night is a little too silly, even for me =) Preciate any feedback.
updated by @thundersquall: 02/14/15 07:54:20AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
why bother?i just dangle mine to the flooror toss em over the headboasrd (and dangle em to the floor)umm u know a wool taams made for longer hair if u feel u must wear something but its reallllly silly to feel u need to cover your dreads at night

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
safiyah
@sugaplum
14 years ago
20 posts
I have to use a satin bonnet or silk pillowcase when I sleep or else I wake up with lint in all of my new dreddies. My locs are like a magnet for lint!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
lint is kinda annoying, a wool tam will still give ya linties. I don't personally use anything but I do notice on the parts of my hair that's not knotted as tightly as the rest the lint likes to get in there. Try switching to pillowcases that don't make lint. My Egyptian cotton ones don't. My brown fleece blanket, now that's another story! :o)

sugaplum said:
I have to use a satin bonnet or silk pillowcase when I sleep or else I wake up with lint in all of my new dreddies. My locs are like a magnet for lint!
dreadlockedlady
@dreadlockedlady
14 years ago
39 posts
http://www.dreadsock.com/ I bought one with my first set of dreads. If your hair is a dark color, lint will look terrible in your locs :(I think there are similar products out there. Or if you know someone that can sew something similar up for you, it beats tying a pillow case around your head, LOL.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Those are awesome!!!

dreadlockedlady said:
http://www.dreadsock.com/

I bought one with my first set of dreads. If your hair is a dark color, lint will look terrible in your locs :(
I think there are similar products out there. Or if you know someone that can sew something similar up for you, it beats tying a pillow case around your head, LOL.
HydroDan
@hydrodan
14 years ago
4 posts
I used a pair of my girls nylons. The waist part because it's roomy and just tied the legs into knots and cut the long leg pieces off. It's just like a stretchy skull cap. Helps your locks lay down to.

dreadlockedlady said:
http://www.dreadsock.com/ I bought one with my first set of dreads. If your hair is a dark color, lint will look terrible in your locs :(I think there are similar products out there. Or if you know someone that can sew something similar up for you, it beats tying a pillow case around your head, LOL.
HydroDan
@hydrodan
14 years ago
4 posts
Also keeps the lint off and wax off your pillow if you use it.

sugaplum said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
not backcombing helps them lay down better without lookinmg like a bank robberand keeping wax out of dreads keeps it off your pillows

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
these are awesome! i want one!

dreadlockedlady said:
http://www.dreadsock.com/

I bought one with my first set of dreads. If your hair is a dark color, lint will look terrible in your locs :(
I think there are similar products out there. Or if you know someone that can sew something similar up for you, it beats tying a pillow case around your head, LOL.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form