Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is there anyway I can speed up the dreading process?

Katatronic
@katatronic
14 years ago
10 posts
Hey guys,I've been locking my hair for a lil over 6 mos. now.My hair was very straight and is just finally starting to lock and knot up.Yet I have very straight ends and lots of loose hair on top.Any words of advice?Jah bless~
updated by @katatronic: 02/14/15 03:31:36AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
u screwed up using wax wax prevents dreading get the wax out and they dread 3 times fasterbut anything (besides being wax free) that forces the dreads to dread faster will only end up getting them lost or cut sooneru gotta be patient but 1st u need to get all the wax out asapwax destroys dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
well actualy there are 2 ways to sp;eed up dreading1 forget that your trying to dread.. do nothing at all just ignore yoir hair completely except to wash dont rub or roll twist or anything2 swim in the ocean or do sea salt sprays (dont dare buy dreadheadhq acceleratort thats 2 cents worth of sea salt for 10 bucks u can make 385 bottles for 2 bucks or for 1985 bottles for the 10 u buy 1 for from dreadheadhq ..they are the biggest scam there islets get the wax out 1st and u will see in the next 2 months u will see more dreading then u saw in the entire 6 waxy months

--
Katatronic
@katatronic
14 years ago
10 posts
I have heard alotta different views on the wax... I've been using much less now that I've been getting results. But I will stop it now totally... :)Wat about shampoo? Is Dr. Bronner's good? And I should just ignore my hair all together?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
stopping the wax isnt good enough u need to remove all the wax u added and that is not easy at all it dont wash out it can survive decades of washing wax is eviland yea once the wax is out just do nothing it will dread finebronners is good for most ppl unless yuour water wont rinse it well if u feel sticky after using it switch to the baking soda acvu might wanna do baking soda monthly anywayalso if u use bronners dilute it alot 12 times more water then bronners

--
Katatronic
@katatronic
14 years ago
10 posts
Thanks so much for the info... :)I have been using Bronners straight... So now I know not to do that... Once a month I've been doing an acv rinse but how does the baking soda play in?

soaringeagle said:
stopping the wax isnt good enough u need to remove all the wax u added and that is not easy at all it dont wash out it can survive decades of washing wax is evil

and yea once the wax is out just do nothing it will dread fine
bronners is good for most ppl unless yuour water wont rinse it well if u feel sticky after using it switch to the baking soda acv
u might wanna do baking soda monthly anyway
also if u use bronners dilute it alot 12 times more water then bronners
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
baking soda is a deep cleanse that will remove so much more dirt then any soapsu can wash with soap then do baking soda right after and the rinse water will turn brown!the acv after bs restores ph ballancebut it also degreases toothe combo causes your hair to be cleaner then anything else canu will love it

--
Katatronic
@katatronic
14 years ago
10 posts
Thank u all soooo much~Can't wait to quit waxing and go for the bs/ac rinse.Much love and respect

soaringeagle said:
baking soda is a deep cleanse that will remove so much more dirt then any soaps
u can wash with soap then do baking soda right after and the rinse water will turn brown!
the acv after bs restores ph ballance
but it also degreases too
the combo causes your hair to be cleaner then anything else can
u will love it
Katatronic
@katatronic
14 years ago
10 posts
Thanks darlin!

rawsum said:
hi kat .... follow the links :)

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dread-wax-removal-is-finally#axz...

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dread-wax-removal-with#a...

If you used wax you will need to aggressively aproach the process of ridding your dreads of wax but it's SO worth the effort.. I can attest .. I had the same issues and tried every supposed remedy with no completely effective results until I used the bodysplash.. repeatedly .. as you will notice on my 'how to' thread... good luck and take pics .. three months from now I bet your dreads are epic !
Katatronic
@katatronic
14 years ago
10 posts
Thanks so much all!!!Love and Respect~
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form